Will women look down on me if...

Lovebug

I think I may be caught up in my company's next big round of layoffs (some are saying 400 people). And I lasted through 7 other layoffs but they are getting very lean now.

If this happens I will survive ok for at least 6 months and probably a year because I have some money saved. Of course it will be tight though. And I don't know how long it will take to get another job with the economy the way it is.

What I was wondering is this. I broke up with my last girlfriend in Dec. So I am back on the market. Will my not having a job be really negative to a potential girlfriend? I am sure if I get laid off I will be able to get another job (I'm not lazy or a bum) but it might take some time. I will eventually be back on my feet. But I sure would like to continue dating!

I want to know from a woman's view what you would think about someone in that situation. I know women are into security so this could be a negative. Everyone tells me I'm a great guy, even my ex's, and I think I am at least a little above average in looks, so the thing that worries me the most is the stable employment part.

What do you think about this? I need some advice.

I would not disrespect you as long as you were looking for a job thoughoughly. I had a boyfriend that said that he was "looking" for a job which meant scanning the paper for jobs that interested him. He wouldn't even go down and fill out an application. He ended up getting a job becuase a friend hooked him up.

Don't appear to be lazy and don't mooch off anyone and be honest with the ladys you talk to.

Why not work on yourself before looking for a mate. If you feel insecure about yourself, others may see that in you.

You havent been laid off yet, so stop thinking that way.

You say you are prepared if it happens, and preparing for lifes little emergencies like you have shows responsibility. Thats good.

I would not disrespect you as long as you were looking for a job thoughoughly. I had a boyfriend that said that he was "looking" for a job which meant scanning the paper for jobs that interested him. He wouldn't even go down and fill out an application. He ended up getting a job becuase a friend hooked him up. Don't appear to be lazy and don't mooch off anyone and be honest with the ladys you talk to.

It all depends on how you phrase it. Given the economy, I know tons of people who got laid off, so I wouldn't look down on you for that because it is not your fault. All you have to say is you got laid off, got a nice severance, and decided to take some time off to find the "right" job for you, but that you ARE avidly looking for a job. Make sure you come off as serious, intelligent, and it doesn't hurt to talk about your past job a little so a girl knows you aren't a slacker. Good luck!

I think I may be caught up in my company's next big round of layoffs (some are saying 400 people). And I lasted through 7 other layoffs but they are getting very lean now. If this happens I will survive ok for at least 6 months and probably a year because I have some money saved. Of course it will be tight though. And I don't know how long it will take to get another job with the economy the way it is. What I was wondering is this. I broke up with my last girlfriend in Dec. So I am back on the market. Will my not having a job be really negative to a potential girlfriend? I am sure if I get laid off I will be able to get another job (I'm not lazy or a bum) but it might take some time. I will eventually be back on my feet. But I sure would like to continue dating! I want to know from a woman's view what you would think about someone in that situation. I know women are into security so this could be a negative. Everyone tells me I'm a great guy, even my ex's, and I think I am at least a little above average in looks, so the thing that worries me the most is the stable employment part. What do you think about this? I need some advice.