young love dying

I've been with my boyfriend Mike for a year and a half so far. I have been in many relationships before and have been "in love" but it was never like this.

Mike used to live here in Wisconsin with me but moved to Atlanta for a job. The job didn't work out.

He moved here all the way from Atlanta for me and promised that we would go to college together in the 2002-03 year.

His long-time friend Katie moved back to her parents' house recently and we started growing more and more distant. I am scared that he is in love with her. I do not want to lose him. I am already enrolled in the college we were supposed to go to. I am starting to look for appartments. I don't know if I should give up!!? I still love him so much!!

I am devoted to him. How can I get him devoted to me?

There is absolutely nothing you can do to get someone to become more devoted to you.

But you can talk to him and see where you stand. If you don't have enough communication between the two of you to have that kind of talk with him, you need to pack it up anyway.

Get yourself updated on his feelings immediately.

He's told me that what we have isn't the same, but he still loves me and wants to be with me. He is not entirely sure if he wants to live with me next year even though he promised that he would when he moved back. I don't want to lose this relationship.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to get someone to become more devoted to you. But you can talk to him and see where you stand. If you don't have enough communication between the two of you to have that kind of talk with him, you need to pack it up anyway. Get yourself updated on his feelings immediately.

I think you ought to just ask him straight away if he's got something for his friend, Katie, as you suspect in your original post. You have a right to know that.

Honesty would be good about now. Have a talk with him. If for one second you feel as though something is not right or sense a change in the way he feels, you should forget about him.

I think you ought to just ask him straight away if he's got something for his friend, Katie, as you suspect in your original post. You have a right to know that.

Why is it so important to live together? Perhaps you should worry more about the college education you are about to get than this guy. Think about yourself first. Do not base anything you do on this guy. Who cares what he decides to do? Look out for yourself! And just point blank ask him what is going on with him and Katie. That's the only way you'll know what his agenda is. And if he is interested in her, then walk away and don't look back. Don't make a scene. Continue with your plans for college.

I've been with my boyfriend Mike for a year and a half so far. I have been in many relationships before and have been "in love" but it was never like this. Mike used to live here in Wisconsin with me but moved to Atlanta for a job. The job didn't work out. He moved here all the way from Atlanta for me and promised that we would go to college together in the 2002-03 year. His long-time friend Katie moved back to her parents' house recently and we started growing more and more distant. I am scared that he is in love with her. I do not want to lose him. I am already enrolled in the college we were supposed to go to. I am starting to look for appartments. I don't know if I should give up!!? I still love him so much!! I am devoted to him. How can I get him devoted to me?

I agree entirely. This relationship ended last night. He told me that he had to run to work and would be back in fifteen minutes. He didn't come back for two and a half hours! I called the gas station where he works and found out that he had lied to me about having to do things at work...all of his things were done. The person there (his cousin Lisa, they work together) said that he had rode off with some woman she didn't recognize. When he came home he said that he had wanted to break up with me and that was the reason that he did it. I am so hurt and don't know if I can ever trust anyone again.

Yea, he broke up with you, because you know what he did.

Most men follow where ever their dicks may lead them!

I agree entirely. This relationship ended last night. He told me that he had to run to work and would be back in fifteen minutes. He didn't come back for two and a half hours! I called the gas station where he works and found out that he had lied to me about having to do things at work...all of his things were done. The person there (his cousin Lisa, they work together) said that he had rode off with some woman she didn't recognize. When he came home he said that he had wanted to break up with me and that was the reason that he did it. I am so hurt and don't know if I can ever trust anyone again.

ARe there any men that don't just follow their dicks? I don't know how many times he lied to me. He should have been apologizing but instead he attacked me and shoved my face into the bed so I couldn't breathe and shoved my face into the bed post. I clawed at him in self defense and he slapped me really hard. He also called me ugly and worthless. I don't understand. HE is the one who messed up...not ME!!! He should be apologizing and trying to be my friend. I told him it was over and that I knew it was over. He said that he was being an a**h*** "just to make it easier to leave." He told me that I have problems. I think he's the one with the problems.