not interested/ interested and just scared?

candykisses

Can someone please help me figure out what is going on with this guy. So we have been giving each other signals of interest (smiling, saying hi and looking at each, etc) so one of his buddies found I that there is someone who is interested in him and that my number was given to him by another friend. His friend came over to find out who it was that liked him and was going to go and tell him who it was. So I'm thinking with the signs that I have been given him he should know its me but everytime him and his friend would walk by he would wonder who it is that likes him. So anyway he found out it was me and I'm happy about that. I have tried to approach him before so we could talk but everytime I was going to someone or something got in the way. There has been a couple of times that he came over to look for me, the last time was last week but I wasn't around. He use to walk by me by himself and ride by every morning but now since he found out that I like him he doesn't walk by alone he is always with his guys and he doesn't ride by like he use to. One day last week I noticed he walk by with his buddies but by the time I seen him he had already pasted by but he looked back at me and nodded and gave a hint of a smile and I gave him a little smile back but since then when he has walked by he hasnt' looked at me or anything. He is trying to avoid me coz he isn't interested? If he isn't interested then why does he want to know who it is that likes him and why look back to see if I was looking at him? His last relationship ended bad, so part of me thinks that he is scared. Any thoughts?

You know, I don't think he's ready for a relationship. I'm thinking he's interested in learning who likes him, though. Maybe just build a friendship with him, and wait for him to heal.