Gave hot girl on subway my number....

aquaman2009

aquaman2009

I saw this girl a couple times on my subway last week. She was strikingly beautiful...tall, thin brunette, east-european looking. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. As it turns out she and I both get off on the same station on the commute home.

Last Thursday, I got off the train and saw her. We both totally stared at eachother for a few seconds, then I walked up to her and introduced myself. I told her I thought she was very pretty and had to introduce myself. She blushed, of course....She surprisingly said that she's seen me at the food court near my work as well (we work across the street from eachother as it turns out and work in the same field). We chat for a few minutes about our work and I ask her if I can give her my number&email so she can contact me and we can go for coffee. She says yes and we part ways.

I guess I'm wondering if she will call or email me? Did I screw up not asking her for her number?

I was thinking that I should have asked her for her number, but I didn't want to come across as sleazy and thought if she's interested she would at least drop me little email. But we'll see. I guess I'll wait a week to see if she contacts me. I'd like to get to know her better at least. Chances are that we will bump into one another again since we share the same subway station and work so close.

when you bump into her again ask her for her number like you should have in the first place. Giving her your number is a very risky move because then it puts all the pressure on her to think of a reason of why to call and all that crap. Look forget asking her for her number if she has admitted to noticing you eating there has to be atleast a 50% chance she likes you, just make some small talk with her and then ask her out to coffee or dinner then if she says yes make sure you get her number.

Island Girl

Why would you think asking for her number was sleazy?

It is a normal occurance that if someone finds you attractive they ask for your number.

By giving her yours you have to sit and wait. If you had her number you could call and ask her out. Then, if she said yes, you'd know if she is interested.

No worries - you have work in common and that gives you plenty of ammunition for further conversation. But I'd talk to her a couple of times before asking for her number - or asking her out - show her a little bit more of who you are before making that move only because you don't want to seem in any way pushy or desperate.

Good luck!

• Author
aquaman2009

I was thinking it might be perceived as sleazy since I'm basically a stranger to this girl (albeit one she's seen around). It wasn't like we were in a bar or anything so I thought I'd be cool and not come across as a player trying to pick up chicks at the subway station. But yeah, I'll probably should have just asked her for her number anyways...

I like your plan. If she doesn't contact me, I'll hope to chat with her again when we see eachother and build some more rapport before moving in. There seems to be allot of potential here with our careers so similar...

And to KMT's point, that fact that she's actually noticed me and remembers it is a good sign. Plus, you should have seen the way we were looking at eachother!

I guess I'm wondering if she will call or email me?

most likely not...

Did I screw up not asking her for her number?

yes