Guys: Eek!! He's Losing Interest?!

nips5050

Well I'm a 28 year old female dating a 19 year old. We've been dating for 3 months, known each other for 6. At first I was a little hesitant (age thing) and he pursued me hardcore for most of that time and as soon as my feelings were reciprocated, which was recent, now he's telling me he's losing interest!! What the heck!! He said this has happened to him before: where he'll want something really bad and once he gets it, he's not sure he wants it anymore. I told him that he's probably not ready for a relationship. Any other thoughts??

Well I'm a 28 year old female dating a 19 year old. We've been dating for 3 months, known each other for 6. At first I was a little hesitant (age thing) and he pursued me hardcore for most of that time and as soon as my feelings were reciprocated, which was recent, now he's telling me he's losing interest!! What the heck!! He said this has happened to him before: where he'll want something really bad and once he gets it, he's not sure he wants it anymore. I told him that he's probably not ready for a relationship. Any other thoughts??

It his age coming out. Most people his age don't have the same things on their mind as someone in your age range. People his age are still growing up, trying to figure out what they want to do, and still put high emphasis on having fun. My guess would be that you are just too mature for him right now.

Yeah, I've known guys like that before. The thrill of the chase and all, commitment phobes.

I'm impressed that he has enough insight to actually realize it and then communicate it to you...

Anyway, the best way to handle a guy like that in my opinion is to say "Okay. Bye bye. Call me if you want to see me. Maybe I'll be available."

Stay cool. Back off a bit. He'll be back. But I don't know if you want to deal with him and his issues.