She is mad...

I have a best friend named Emily. Technically, she WAS my best friend.

well, she (has) had a crush on a guy named Ryan who live in Chicago. me and Emily live in LA and we met him when we went there. Even though he had a girlfriend at that time, he cheated on her with Emily. I told her she shoudn't do that! but she turned a deaf ear to my advice. She touched him all the time while we were hanging out. It seemed she treated him as if he was her boyfriend. At first, Ryan looked like he didn't know what to do but gradully he began to treat her as if she was his girl! that was so weird. so...while we were in Chicago, Emily and Ryan did...stuff... she told me everything what she did with him. I was really shoked because I did'nt think that she was such a girl.

so! The problem started here! this summer break Ryan came to LA to see us! That was great if he'd intended just to hang out with us! he came here to say something to me:( yeah we've exchange emails and talked on AIM since I came back to LA from Chicago. So i think wer good friends althogh I don't like men who cheat on their girls but I've pretended that I didn't know anything about what Emily and Ryan did. He said were did nothing. and i pretended to believe him. Before he came here, he asked me to tell Emily that he come here just because he want to hang out with us and I like her alot as a friend. It was hard to tell her because I thought she liked him still so before I say that to her I decided to ask her if she loved him still. she told me " NO WAY!!" So i told it to her.

She was a little mad but it was okay. (I found later that Ryan hasn't emailed her!!!) so he broke up with his girl after me and Emily left Chicago. And he finally came here... first day was awesome! that was amazing. we all had fun! but our situation has changed. While he was here he was "tooo" nice to me. it was weird. when we were alone, he told me he loves me!! and he didn't want Emily he wanted me!! I was soo shocked. I thought he liked her better at least than me but it was totally wrong. He wasn't nice to Emily at all, which made her really mad and jealous of me. Even though I said to Ryan that I can't date with you or anything, Emily is still mad at me. me and Emily were really good friends, best friends! we used to hang out alot but now, we don't. we don't even talk so much, which makes me really sad. I don't know what to do or say. I just need someone's advice.

Thank you for reading my long story.

There isn't much you can do. You're right not to be interested in Ryan because he's a liar and a cheater based on what he did to his gf when you and Emily visited. And you already told him you're not interested in him, and you've told Emily you don't care for Ryan.

Emily needs to get over the disappointment and hurt that Ryan isn't into her, and the jealousy that he is interested in you. That's difficult for people to do, and it will take time. However, if she sees that you aren't in contact with Ryan anymore and that you are open to her friendship, over time she may realize that it is Ryan she should be upset with and not you.