Totally Disabled And Very Sad

I don't know what your disability is, RWP and I'm sorry you're going through a bad time now, but please realize that we're ALL disabled to a certain degree. We are. Just read some of our stories on here.

I'm not trying to minimize your disabilities but we ALL struggle with SOMETHING that makes our lives as much a challenge as the challenges you have. It's really true.

You'll have to figure out a way to find some happiness. Reach out to people on here to start with. Maybe start to date. Join on an line dating service perhaps. Get out of your house. Do something different.

I agree with both of the previous responses to your posting. But I have something else to add, I have a friend who is Professor at my Uni and is a paraplegic for 38 years of his life. Not only that, he lost his wife to cancer some years ago and has experienced things many people will never come close to in their life time. Yet he is so positive, so inspiring, so loving, and so engaged in intellectual dialogue. From what I can gather, to fill the void of loneliness and to deal with the frustration with his accident he sought to find a purpose in his life and he found one. His energy is chanelled towards that purpose. No doubt he has his ups and downs, none of us are immune to that, but his purpose in life gives him reason to live, to laugh, to smile. He is an inspiration to me and when I am upset or angry or dwelling in self sorry I remember him and I smile.

In response to your email, I am going to suggest some things that could help you deal with your disability: 1.go to a professional counsellor as they are trained to help people who are finding it hard to deal with particular situations in their life. Once you have dealt with the emotional aspect of your disability you will feel more free. 2. find your niche, an area that you are passionate about and that you think you can contribute to. Maybe you could get involved with advocation on behalf of a discriminated group/s of people. 3. Learn and use affirmations. 4. Meditation.

First of all you have to deal with the emotional stuff which is why I suggest seeing a counsellor first. You do not share the specific characteristics of your disability so I can't give specific advice. These are just my thoughts, they may or maynot be helful, but keep looking around or ask around for advice and help. :)

I Have Been Fighting My Disability For Over 15 Years And Frankly I'm At The Point Were I Have Become Very Sad, Wife Left No Friends Can't Work What The Heck Do You Do?

Well...I get SSI. I'm sorry that you have such a tough life. I know how it is to not have friends. I only have my sister. I have other so-called friends, but I only get to see them once every two months at most.

But why are lonely people so lonely when others are so not? Well, I'll tell you. It's because we're put in the wrong places. We're put in places where people aren't lonely. And lonely people want friends, but non-lonely people don't NEED them. Well I hate to turn this into a pity-party, so I'll just stop and say that I fill my life with trivial things that are otherwise fun. That's how I live, day-to-day.

I wouldn't say that you are TOTALLY disabled, though. If you were, you wouldn't be able to type that message.