Can men have lesbian friends?

It has been stated by the majority if not all of the male members here, and agreed by many of the women, that guys cannot be friends with women unless they can or want to have sex with them.

Does this mean that men automatically do not even bother getting to know lesbians since it is a for sure thing that they will not be getting any sex from them? I am not referring to bi women but strictly lesbians. If I asked lesbians if they had any male friends, would they mostly say no?

Also, does this rule not apply to gay men since many gay men are just friends with women, whereas LS men state that they could never be just friends with women who they are not sexually attracted to, with the hope that they can eventually get into their panties. It is logical to therefore come to the conclusion that gay men value women more than straight men do, since they care to be with them even if they will not get sex from them.

Pink Amulet
It has been stated by the majority if not all of the male members here, and agreed by many of the women, that guys cannot be friends with women unless they can or want to have sex with them.

Seriously?! :eek:

• Author
Seriously?! :eek:

Yes. I have been singled out as disagreeing throughout several threads to the contrary. So I was just thinking about it, how most of the members here think that men can't be 'just friends' with women, but only if there is a chance they will eventually have sex with them or be in a sexual relationship, so I was wondering about the above questions I posed, such as the conclusion that men therefore do not have lesbian friends and gay men care more about women to want to be around them even if they will not have sex with them.

You can skim through the following thread to get an idea of where some members stand on this: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t89882/

Pink Amulet

Well, I have mantained male friendships for the past five years with men who knew I would never cheat on my partner.

When I was living in New York I knew a few lesbians that I hung out with. One in particular like the same music I liked and enjoyed doing the same things I did so we hung out. I think men can be just friends with women.

leftcoastrider

This is just not true. I am a hetero male, most of my friends have always been women, and at one point in my life the majority of those were lesbian. It wasn't planned that way, it's just that I happened to live in a city with one of the largest lesbian populations in the U.S. (Santa Cruz, CA), so I met many of them. To this day, my closest female friend, someone I've known for over ten years, is a lesbian.

Now, do men want to have sex with women? Of course. We fantasize about it all the time. But not with all women. And I think it is only a very shallow man who would not maintain a friendship with a woman with whom he could not have sex.

Also, I would guess that the members of this forum are probably not indicative of the general population, and that responses to posts are probably even less indicative of the "average person." Thus, just because your previous post elicited the responses of cretins does not mean that all men are cretins. Although most of us are. ;)

When I was living in New York I knew a few lesbians that I hung out with. One in particular like the same music I liked and enjoyed doing the same things I did so we hung out. I think men can be just friends with women.

We sure can.:)

Guys have difficulty being friends with the women that they are or have become attracted to and it becomes difficult for them to remain just friends.

thegoodhubbie

I don't even have straight friends, why the hell would I want lesbian friends?:lmao:

We sure can.:)

Guys have difficulty being friends with the women that they are or have become attracted to and it becomes difficult for them to remain just friends.

Not to toot my own horn but I am kinda attractive...... my X was attractive.

More often than not our men friends who were straight would make or say comments about sex with us. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So let me make this clear one more time to men who are friends with or know lesbians....... "We do not want you in bed with us" Some women may want a threesome and may have some fantasy....but in a real lesbian relationship that is more than just a fling, but is a RELATIONSHIP..... there is no room for you in our bed nor is it desired..... no more than my H would want you in our bed with us. :)

But to reply to Riddler..... if you have a very attractive lesbian couple I think men tend to not be able but to think they want to be the third party/wheel.

But to reply to Riddler..... if you have a very attractive lesbian couple I think men tend to not be able but to think they want to be the third party/wheel.

Didn't even think about that.;):p

Didn't even think about that.;):p

It is very annoying and my usual reply would be " I am glad to provide you with a fantasy, but you don't have a shot in hell baby" :lmao:

belayakoshka

lesbian women are human creatures

they have all the same as other normal people

they can have frienship with male or female exactly as any other folks

and they don't think about sex all the time :)

Pink Amulet

and they don't think about sex all the time

They don't??? :eek:

*throws fantasy stereotype out the window*

Quote:

Fun2BMe;837164]It has been stated by the majority if not all of the male members here, and agreed by many of the women, that guys cannot be friends with women unless they can or want to have sex with them.

IMO - This tends to be the case for younger guys, it was definitely the case for me, every girl who showed the slightest interest either platonically or otherwise I wanted to have sex with, but as I'm getting older, wiser and more settled this type of mentality has faded. I now have a few women friends who I have no interest whatsoever in having sex with. I'd say every situation/guy is different.

Quote:

Does this mean that men automatically do not even bother getting to know lesbians since it is a for sure thing that they will not be getting any sex from them? I am not referring to bi women but strictly lesbians. If I asked lesbians if they had any male friends, would they mostly say no?

I think I speak for the whole male race here when I say we'd be more than happy getting to know however many lesbians you throw our way! Come on, we're all red-blooded males and not naive enough to think these lesbians can't be converted!! :laugh::D;)