LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Balance of our relationship between my BFF and me

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 22nd January 2018, 3:09 AM   #1
Established Member

Balance of our relationship between my BFF and me

Hi everyone. There's this girl, we knew each other for around 3 years. After meeting her, we immediately hit it off and I never seen her in a romantic way. Pretty sure that she doesn't see me like that too.

Anyways, we had a balanced relationship once. But I think I started to compromise much. I'm always there for her, making time for her, helping her etcetera. But I feel like she's just not THAT interested in our friendship. When it comes to listening to my problems and guiding me she does it well. But she doesn't make time just to see me, even when she's not that busy. I don't want to lose her friendship but how do I make it something balanced?
drakon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 8:37 AM   #2

Word

Does it have to be balanced in the way 'you' want?

You could simply get on with what you want to do which, from reading what you've put, is what she's doing.

I have friends that NEVER come to my house, despite me visiting their home a whole load of times. Sometimes things simply aren't balanced.
Excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 6:21 PM   #3

Not a lot you can do about it.... Maybe she's going through a hard time or the friendship has run it's course. She'll get in touch if she wants to see you again.
notrespaZing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2018, 6:47 PM   #4
Established Member

It's only within your control in that you can choose to continue the friendship or not or spend less time on it. The only other way you can change anything is instead of talking to her about your problems, be entertaining. Be someone she wants to be around because you're fun. She's not your therapist. She's a friend. Friends like their friends to be fun.