LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

I think my friend is manipulative

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 5th November 2017, 3:17 PM   #1

I think my friend is manipulative

I've been friends with him for quite a while, but as i'm getting more mature - cracks are beginning to fall in our relationship. I've been unwell for the last 2 weeks - severely ill and doctors told me to rest at home for a month. I told my friend this - who keeps asking me to come out with him (so I can entertain him), he wasn't happy that I cant go out. He then starts becoming quite the prick, he has started saying things like 'you are so depressing - you are such a loser' or 'I need to get new friends - I am better than you' or even 'why do I even bother with you guys, I am a talented, handsome and successful person, I deserve more'. I kid you not - this is verbatim. And I noticed he starts getting like this every time something doesn't go his way. Is nostalgia stopping me from breaking ties?
alec007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 12:11 AM   #2
Established Member

I wouldn't even call that manipulative. That looks more like outright abusive statements. I wouldn't be friends with someone who spoke to me that way.
CC12 is offline   Reply With Quote