LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Friend did not RSVP

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Old 24th October 2017, 12:02 AM   #1

Friend did not RSVP

OK so I had a birthday 'do' and invited some gals. One friend, who is a mutual friend of two others, simply did not rsvp. I even followed her up a few days before in case she had forgotten or not received the invite. She said she would let me know, she didn't seem to have a particular issue. One of our mutual friends even asked her if she wanted a lift to my place with her. This 'friend' has been rude to me before due to a misunderstanding. I don't get her behaviour. She's pleasant enough to my face! Anyway, she and I are meant to be sharing a room at our mutual friend's birthday do and we have both put down a deposit. It seems nobody is talking to me and I am getting blamed for texting this friend and telling her I thought she was rude. Anyway, I am over this. I don't want anything to do with her anymore, the mutual friend appears to have taken her side. I don't want to share a room at this mutual friends 'do' in fact, I don't even want to go. What do I do?
Stopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2017, 4:05 PM   #2
Established Member

Get out of the room share. Because she may flake. Go to the other person's birthday. Be polite to the rude friend but otherwise be done with her.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2017, 4:28 PM   #3
Established Member

I agree. Time to withdraw from anything you were doing with them and just separate. If it's not fun, don't do it. And they're not fun.

I will say that as far as RSVPs go, people are very negligent about them and that's common. People want to not plan it (tells you you're not a priority) and see if they don't have anything better to do at the last minute and what others are doing. You don't need this.