LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Why do some women seem to hate me?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2017, 5:44 PM   #16
Established Member

they are jealous of you, do not feel hurt though, or think they care about your blushing, they see sought-after natural attributes

the men are not hating on you, are they, just these women...
darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 12:56 PM   #17

Women never like me right away either. I am a total girls girl though and once they get to know me they love me. I have even asked some girlfriends what they thought when they first met me, and most of them said they thought I was a little stuck up and bitchy. But once you get to know me, I am really down to earth.
takeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 1:11 PM   #18
Established Member

Women trend towards conformity. If you fall outside their parameters of normalcy, you'll likely be ostracized.
anduina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 1:46 PM   #19
Established Member

Who knows? Try asking one. My wife does not know why women have always been attracted to her and knew she was bisexual long before she did. Why were all three of my relationships and loves, all bisexual? Why did girls want to have sex with me, but not date me? Why did I propose to my wife of 45 years just 3 weeks after we met? We still do not know why two people who did not share the same interests did that.

My wife has a theory about why I only had bisexual girlfriends that I did not know were bi until much later. She says that after sex with me, they were done with men. You can't please everyone, so ignore the ones who dislike you and enjoy those who do.
Steve51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 8:47 PM   #20
Established Member

Sometimes you can be genuinely nice to people, and they simply will never like you back. It can be hard to go through that, it happens to me and probably everyone at some point. So, just be kind...but if they continue to shun you, or show that they dislike you, I'd just move on and find people who do like you and appreciate your presence.
Old 2nd August 2017, 3:43 AM   #21
Established Member

I used to get called The Warden when I was a manager, because I wasn't interested in making friends, and kept my work and personal life separate. I honestly didn't care if my coworkers liked me, because I was their boss not their friend. In my personal life, unless I respect someone, other's opinions matter very little to me.

At work I keep things civil. I am there to do my job, not increase my social circle. I have had employees ask me if I like them, and get offended when I tell them "Being likable isn't part of your job description. You are good at your job, and I like that." While that may seem cold, it is how I run my business because I refuse to be drawn into drama, period. No one can accuse me of playing favorites, or firing someone because I dislike them on a personal level. I keep it simple; work is work and my personal life is personal.

OP, you have to decide if being liked at work is really that important to you. Do you really want to be friends with people at work? Or, do you believe that their liking you equates to your being a likable person? Do you sincerely want to hang out with them? Or, are you just jealous that you aren't included in their social circle? Basically, why does it matter if your coworkers want to be your friend, or not?
IndigoNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 7:35 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoNight View Post
I honestly didn't care if my coworkers liked me, because I was their boss not their friend.

Basically, why does it matter if your coworkers want to be your friend, or not?
I get the distance you put between you as the boss and your work colleagues, but most do not have that position of seniority and so must make friends of those they work on a similar level with, else they may find that co-operation with colleagues may be nil and the work experience may be one of daily misery due to not "fitting in".
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 9:16 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
I get the distance you put between you as the boss and your work colleagues, but most do not have that position of seniority and so must make friends of those they work on a similar level with, else they may find that co-operation with colleagues may be nil and the work experience may be one of daily misery due to not "fitting in".
Before I was a business owner, I was friendly with my coworkers, but did not pursue friendships with them outside of work. Sure, I had a few coworkers who snubbed me because I did not join in with their games or office gossip.

I liked leaving work at work, and not spending my days off listening to my coworker/friend complain, or becoming the latest topic of gossip at work. Been there, done that, and choose to not do it anymore. I learned that lesson, painfully, when I was still in high school.
IndigoNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 9:33 AM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoNight View Post
Before I was a business owner, I was friendly with my coworkers, but did not pursue friendships with them outside of work. Sure, I had a few coworkers who snubbed me because I did not join in with their games or office gossip.

I liked leaving work at work, and not spending my days off listening to my coworker/friend complain, or becoming the latest topic of gossip at work. Been there, done that, and choose to not do it anymore. I learned that lesson, painfully, when I was still in high school.
No-one is suggesting the OP make bosom buddies of her work colleagues and spend all her off duty time with them.
It is perfectly possible to be very friendly at work, and still maintain a distance when it comes to off duty time.
preraph and knabe like this.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote