My friends are making me the third wheel... am i overreacting?

daddyslilqt3

daddyslilqt3

[font=arial][/font][color=violet][/color]

OK i need help... I am going to make this as short as possible so here is a lil background info...

me n my two best friends (Nic and Steph) have been really close for a lil more than 2 years now.. i mean i have been friends with each of them for a long time (more like 5 years) but then all of a sudden the 3 of us started hanging out all the time n we got extremely close. Ever since then we have never left each others sides and have done everything together. We made sure that it was all three or nothing because a lot of times 3 doesn't work but luckily for us it always had.

Lately though I feel like Nic and steph have gotten alot closer if thats even possible and like they have been leaving me out. We don't hang out as much which is understandable because we all have really busy schedules (I mean it is junior year). The thing is that I just find it weird that every time I ask them to hang out they can't but the times I can't they do. It isn't even like they call and ask me if I want to do anything. I would at least feel better if they did and I said I couldn't. I either hear about what they did on Monday or they don't even mention it and I find out from asking how their weekends were. I even notice that they call each other all the time and tell each other everything and I am the last to know. Half the time I don't even know what they are talking about or one of them is whispering to the other when i'm not paying attention. I don't even ask anymore because I feel hopeless and alienated.

The most recent example was at school... we all meet up at my locker in the afternoon and walk to our buses together (Nic is on my bus). So Nic walked over to the locker with her boyfriend. She looked weird and as if something was wrong but i didn't want to ask in front of her b/f because I didn't think that she would want to talk about it with him around. SO we walked and as Steph turned the other way toward her bus Nic screamed "Steph wait" and ran over. Me and her boyfriend just stood there and didn't know what we should do. We waited for like 2 minutes thinking that maybe she just forgot something or w/e but she didn't come back. I wound up going on the bus alone and walking by myself so confused about what had just happened. I figured that one of them would call me if it was anything or if they were going to be together but neither of them did so I figured that nothing was going on. After coming home I called steph to ask her something about the math hw. The thing is she didn't answer and her mom did. Her mom said that she was out with Nic and that I could call stephs cell if I wanted. I was so mad b/c nic went on stephs bus, ditched me, and they never called to explain or see if I wanted to meet up with them. It was just another hit in the face saying I like steph better. Later when i talked to nic that night after I brought up saying what happened you just left... she said that she got upset about something that happened in school, felt like she was going to cry, and didn't want to cry in front of her b/f. So she went onto stephs bus and went there and hung out. I felt like she didn't trust me enough to let me be one to hang out with her and listen to her. There wasn't even an apology or anything saying sorry I left you.

Ever since then especially I have been getting jealous or suspicious and basically in my mind question everything. ex's.... I wonder if they are hanging out without me.. what they are doing.. etc. Like tonight i was on the phone with steph and her cell rang and she was like "amanda i gotta go... i will ttyl OK?" and of course i said sure but the first thing that came in my mind was... is that nic once again calling steph.. and leaving me out? I don't know if i am over reacting or if they are ditching me. I don't want to be the third wheel where they don't want to include me and feel like they have to. It is so discouraging to think that two of my best friends don't want to be around me and want to only be around each other. I don't know what to do. Please anyone tell me what to do or what you think is going on. Am i over reacting? HELPPPPPPPPPPP

<3 Amanda

Do you ever call them and invite them places or do you always just expect them to call you? It does sound like they've kind of moved on from your previous threesome.

• Author
daddyslilqt3

I have actually given up because I always try to hang out with them but they are always too busy. Even the last time they never gave me an answer so instead I babysat but then that night they went out. They also never called to tell me they were going out or to ask if i wanted to join them since they decided to make plans. I brought this up to nic and she said that she doens't make plans that she just goes with the flow and that I am never around. I can't be around if they don't mention anything to me. :(