Singled out for deletion from facebook... ermm why?

Heartbrokenandhurt

Heartbrokenandhurt

I find this abit random, I'm not overly bothered by it but I don't quite understand why I've been singled out.

One of my close friends was with her boyfriend for 5 years or more. I was Single pretty much all of this time but I were invited out with them a few times over the years and went round to see my friend at her place and he would be there too and we'd always ask how each other was etc.

They had problems with their relationship even though they were so in love. There were trust issues from his side, which I don't blame him for because she'd go on night outs and not come home. He used to message me asking her where-abouts and if id seen her and if she were ok. He thought I was a good friend for her.

He left her because of this and she met somebody else. She and him are on good terms and talk as friends.

Which is why I found it bizarre, the other day that her ex came up as a suggested person on facebook... He had added me as a friend when they were together years ago. And now, he has deleted me, but kept her and her family and lots of acquaintances... but singled me out?

I don't understand why? Friends only because of her of course, but I feel abit confused as to why I've been singled out for deletation?

He was probably "cleaning up" his friend list and decided you were one of the people to unfriend. Maybe he deleted a bunch of friends who he doesn't talk to anymore. (I'm assuming that includes you)

You were more like an acquaintance anyway, so I guess he figured there's no need to keep you on Facebook. Happens to me to sometimes with old classmates. Don't worry about it, it's not about you

Maybe she found out you were telling him what she was doing when she wasn't with him and broke them up and now they're getting back together, he needs to delete you. I sure wouldn't want any of my friends giving a jealous bf fuel for the fire or even legitimizing his actions by going along with it at all.

You're a friend of an ex, nothing more. Why would he keep you. It's just Facebook. I suggest taking a break from FB if these small affairs effect you so greatly.

• Like 1