Does my friends best friend like me

noRomeo70

I have a friend who named Mandi, I've known for about a year and a half. We hung out often at least 2 times a week and had class together, so we saw each other often. We dont hang out as often she has a boyfriend but every now and then we go see a movie or get dinner. She's a really good person so I like still being able to be friends. So she has this friend named Elly who I first met at a party Mandi ask me to go to with her. Mandi introduced us and we talked for about 5 min and took some tequila shots. A couple months later all three of us went to dinner and maybe a month later went out to a bar. We got pretty drunk and at one point I felt like Elly was flirting with me but I dismissed it because I thought she was way out of my league. (I'm 6'2 350lbs btw and this girl was about 5'1 maybe 100lbs) in other words im a big guy and shes a tiny girl. I dont think Im the ugliest guy alive but im not evryones first choice either, and we never had any previous meaningful conversation. So naturally I just played it off and I guess that sounds dumb but I based it on personal experience. So a little while went by before I saw her again. But she randomly hmu to smoke with her one day. Nothing happened we smoke and talked that was it. But the a few weeks later she hmu at 3am to come over, and smoke again This for me was foreign territory, it was the first time it had happened to me other than a girl Idated for 6 months.(Btw i dont have a lot of dating experience mainly because im shy and im not super confident, but its something I'm working on. So I went over and she was drunk. I couldnt tell at first but after talking for 5 min, I vould tell she had had a few. After a while maybe 30 min she start to give that vibe, like she wanted me to do something. At one point she started questing Mandi and my friendship, suggesting I had a crush on her, but I let her know we were just friend After she moved closer to me she kinda layed on me basically rubbing her leg on mine and resting her head on the inside of my shoulder. I felt like things could have gone further but I would have felt like that would have been taking advantage of her. Trust me it was so hard not to do anything, but I knew I would be wrong if I did. I ask her about it the next day and she just said she was drunk and didnt remember anything. I just wanna know what it was about. But I don't think I'll get a honest answer from her

Well, you were right not to act on it when it was obvious she was too drunk. But it wouldn't hurt to ask her out on a sober date, dinner or a movie, and see how she is sober.

• Author
Well, you were right not to act on it when it was obvious she was too drunk. But it wouldn't hurt to ask her out on a sober date, dinner or a movie, and see how she is sober.

You know i did that and she kind of blew me off. I pretty much feel like i should have tried to comfort her and get her to understand why I took the rout i did, now I'm worried I migjt have made her feel unwanted, and that makes me feel ****ty af