How Do You Cut All Ties With a "so-called Friend?"

valley mart

valley mart

I've seen some posts on here, asking for advice on

"How to cut ties with a friend" or posts asking for

help with a "Loud Mouth" friend, etc etc.

I guess I Would just like to know for myself and for others

on here...How Do You Cut Ties With a LOUD or Obnoxious Friend?

I'm 24, got a 'buddy' who's 25. Have known him about a year and a half.

He was the Boyfriend of a friend of my girlfriend. (if that makes sense)

Well anyway, He and his girl broke up about a year and a half ago. At That time,

He needed a place to crash for a week, (since he moved out) so since i 'kinda' new

him, I let him sleep on my couch. I listened to his problems and was sort of

a shoulder to lean on, for him, i guess. I invited him out to a club or two, we'd hang

for dinner, nothing too serious...Mainly, because i felt bad for the guy, his

girl really left him with nothing, ZERO contact, no explanations.

Anyway..I don't really have tons in common with the dude. I sort of stopped

calling him and got busy with work and school. Honestly, He's loud and

can be very abnoxious and say things that are very condescending towards others, even

though he claims he's just joking. He'll tease people and be very rude, even though he carries this

"Straight-edge, Greenpeace loving, I'm Down with my Community, Help your fellow Brother out"

attitude. Only thing we have in common is MAYBE a few rock bands and movies etc.

But all in all, i think he's kind of Opinionated and rude a lot of the time. (I guess NOW,

i can see why his girl left him) I'm just easy-going, get along with most people, but he's

not someone i'd call a Life Long Friend.

My problem is, He still calls from time to time, asking when we can hang out. Everytime he

calls he asks about how my family is doing, calls me his Brother, offers to buy me dinner,

like he's a 'true' friend.

Or he'll ask if me and my girl want to double-date with him and his 'new' girlfriend. But Honestly, I don't like him.

I don't like his attitude and views. My girlfriend doesn't really care for him either, she thinks he's

rude and insensitive and teases her and jokes way too much, where it comes off as Mean. And I

see it too.

Should I just stop calling him Back? I feel bad though, because I don't really think that I did, but

I must of led him into thinking I was his "best Buddy" or something. I admit I've invited him places,

and been kind to him in the past, but HOW DO I GET THIS GUY TO BACK OFF?

blind_otter
Originally posted by valley mart

Should I just stop calling him Back? I feel bad though, because I don't really think that I did, but

I must of led him into thinking I was his "best Buddy" or something. I admit I've invited him places,

and been kind to him in the past, but HOW DO I GET THIS GUY TO BACK OFF?

Just stop calling him back. That is SO cruel, how would you feel if you had someone you thought was a good friend who actually thought you were a leech? :( That's so sad. Just stop hanging out with him and calling him and if he asks why be honest and say, you have some annoying personality traits. If he's lucky he can turn that around and find some real friends.