LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Question : Christmas Gift for a Friend

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By amaysngrace
  • 1 Post By dpass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2016, 9:17 PM   #1
Established Member

Question Question : Christmas Gift for a Friend

I ordered some Christmas gifts for a friend through Amazon.
He received them today and I told him if he doesn't like the stuff he can always exchange them.
We were texting about it.
He never thanked me and his reaction was bit weird -

He said the shirt is bit feminine and the other gift which was refills for an expensive pen (he once told me he has this pen but he can't use it anymore because the refills are expensive, so I thought of ordering them for Xmas) - he said he isn't sure if those are the right refills or not. And I was surprised as to how come he doesn't know that and why can't he check immediately and let me know.

Then he said... your gift is coming but only next month.

Should I offer to order something else for him?
Old 28th December 2016, 9:20 PM   #2
Established Member

I wouldn't get him anything else since he didn't seem to appreciate the things you got for him already.

I think the pen refill idea was really thoughtful by the way.
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 9:31 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
I wouldn't get him anything else since he didn't seem to appreciate the things you got for him already.

I think the pen refill idea was really thoughtful by the way.
Thanks... yeah I dunno why he reacted this way... very weird.
winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 9:48 PM   #4
Established Member

Did he get you anything? If I received a gift from a friend I'd feel obligated to get them something, or wonder if there were feelings there.
winny likes this.
dpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 9:56 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpass View Post
Did he get you anything? If I received a gift from a friend I'd feel obligated to get them something, or wonder if there were feelings there.
Few weeks back he said he is getting me something for my birthday which coincides with Christmas. And asked me what I would like.... so I also went ahead and bought him something for Christmas. I am Hindu we don't celebrate Christmas. He does. And like I mentioned in the post he said that my gift will come next month.
winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2016, 2:07 AM   #6

Did you go through the depth and explored why did he react to your gift in such a way? It can be because he might be expecting something different than the one you offered him. I remembered on last Christmas, one of my friends gifted me latest trend sunglasses as he was already known that I am crazy for fashion and wearing fashionable accessory whenever I goes out. Likewise, you can gift him something unique which he might be expecting.
larrynelson is offline   Reply With Quote