a female friend put me on restricted list on FB?

Anas Salem

I am working in an NGO which exist in all countries around the world, during one of my assignments I met with a girl who were taking a rule that required me normally to look after her performance during 1 day event. After returning to my country she added me to her FB and asked me to give her advises that will improve her performance at her job. She visited my country and asked to meet to have dinner, which later happened twice on 2 consequent days (in addition to having a drink), also since it was the first time I brought her a precious gift as a kind of courtesy (and she loved it very much), where we had a nice time (nothing personal happened).

We were in touch almost daily as normal friends. after few months she came back to my country to visit her relations, but this time we didnt meet as she couldnt make her time, and finally we met yesterday, where as usual I picked her up from her relation's house and proceeded to have dinner and to enjoy our time at pop place. Unfortunately I was not in the mood and she asked why so I told her I have some private issue. Somehow, she provoked me with her attitude (Her Zodiac is LEO and I Scorpio),

so I couldnt take her attitude calmly despite being too polite to her, where she said that she is entitled to anything she like when dealing with me, and I dont have the right to the same (again she is not my girlfriend), so I smiled and told her to be careful when dealing with me, but she insisted otherwise in provocative manner, so I told her that I will drop her back to home (as it was very clear that things will get worse if we proceeded, so she challenged me by saying go on, and I drove her back, and when she stepped out of the car, she again in provocative manner said she would return to home by herself if she knew the way, and just hit the door.

Later after 1 hour she texted me on FB messenger surprisingly claiming I made mistake, she didnt want to text this but she found herself had too, and what I have done is shameful behavior....so I asked her "you didnt do anything shame?!!!!!", and she replied no for sure, so I asked her to try to remember, but her answer was that she wont even try to remember, so I said Thank You, and she replied with the same, then she said Bye, and I replied the same. I found later that she put me on her FB restricted list. Later at around 3 AM she texted me again saying it is not her problem if missunderstood her joking attitude, and that she texted back to calm down the situation without any reply from my side, and she asked me not to blame her for her reactions since it is due to my behavior.

Tip: when we met few months ago I came to pick her up on time but she were late, and I draw her attention to this matter, and she did it again on the second day, and yesterday the same (she even pretended by texting where am I). Appreciate your advice on with heartfelt gratitude.

Shall I restrict her as she have done or shall I keep it to show her that what she have done is rude (behavior and restriction on FB)?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

She doesnt care about you, puts you down when you're already in a bad spot, and you dont bang her. Unfriending her is much more logical.

She is your friend, yet at dinner you were "not in the mood".

She apparently tried to no doubt "jolly you out of it", yet you shut her out and proceeded to escalate the situation and it resulted in a huge falling out.

You were moody and acted arrogantly IMO - you even threatened her...

It is better when moody to cancel dates with friends, rather than spoil their day, and fall out with them.

You had a personality clash. Why you were in a bad mood, the only thing that seems to tie in to why is you were mad at her for expecting things from you when she is not your girlfriend. So I think you're just mad she didn't want to be your girlfriend and think you may have assumed or hoped she did at first and now you're resentful. Anyway, you should both stop trying to have a friendship and just cut your losses and be professional when you must meet.

• Author

Many thanks for your feedback

Unfortunately, on my way to her I received a phone call that changed my mood, so I was thinking of cancelling with her but it was too late (not to forgot that she rarely visit my country). and moreover, I was not interested in her to be my GF (from beginning).

However, after I explained everything, do you think it is rude to put her on FB restricted list (same as she have done)? or not?

• Author
She is your friend, yet at dinner you were "not in the mood".

She apparently tried to no doubt "jolly you out of it", yet you shut her out and proceeded to escalate the situation and it resulted in a huge falling out.

You were moody and acted arrogantly IMO - you even threatened her...

It is better when moody to cancel dates with friends, rather than spoil their day, and fall out with them.

Appreciate your feedback.

May I ask if it is rude to put her on FB restricted list (same as she have done)? or not?

Many thanks for your feedback

Unfortunately, on my way to her I received a phone call that changed my mood, so I was thinking of cancelling with her but it was too late (not to forgot that she rarely visit my country). and moreover, I was not interested in her to be my GF (from beginning).

However, after I explained everything, do you think it is rude to put her on FB restricted list (same as she have done)? or not?

If she has blocked you it makes no difference if you block her or not, she can't see your postings and you can't see hers.

• Author
If she has blocked you it makes no difference if you block her or not, she can't see your postings and you can't see hers.

She didnt blocked me, she put me on restricted list, meaning we are still friends but she limited my access to her profile and I will only be able to see her Public content or posts that she tags me in

whichwayisup
She didnt blocked me, she put me on restricted list, meaning we are still friends but she limited my access to her profile and I will only be able to see her Public content or posts that she tags me in

So, do the same to her. Put her on a restricted list. Then don't give her a second thought, don't put effort into the friendship anymore.

Good lord she's a nut job....and so childish. Don't put up with that crap, delete/block her off FB and your phone/emails.....do yourself a favor and be done with her.....she is TROUBLE