Feeling guilty about not attending?

I have a friend from college who has recently moved close to where I live, and she and I have gotten very close in the past year or so. I guess I could say she's become my best friend--she gives great advice, and is always there to help others in need. She's even thrown my birthday parties and other such things ever since we've become good friends.

Well, she has recently landed an amazing job and will be moving out of our area (not too far, though). I planned on throwing her an elaborate congratulatory dinner, but her boyfriend raced me to it lol. He invited everyone two days before the event, acknowledging that it was last minute. It wasn't anything big, just 5 or 6 of her close friends hanging out at a bar.

I told her boyfriend it was a great idea, and that I'd gladly bring along a card/cake. He did warn us that he and my friend would be late, so I was fully prepared for that. But they didn't show up till 11 pm, and... I had fallen asleep. Therefore, I missed the event. I was exhausted beyond words because I was running on 3 hours of sleep, and again had to be at work at 7 am the next day, so that day was just a very bad day for me.

I feel so guilty. My friend has been there for me so many times, and I couldn't attend for even a little while? Furthermore, everybody there figured I was coming, and would show up eventually. At the same time, I feel kind of ridiculous for feeling guilty lol, considering how small of an event this was, but I can't seem to shake it off.

I want to do something nice for her before she leaves. Maybe throw her another party?