Friend wont talk to me

Heyo

not sure if this the right thread, but here it goes. I met this girl via a mutual friend over a year ago, over the coming year we started getting closer and closer so I decided to ask her out, she said yes. We dated for a month and she told me that she just wanted to be pretty much FWB, as she felt that she was too immature to handle the kind of relationship I was looking for, I agreed. About 5 months after this we hang out. She tells me that she doesn't feel right in this relationship, because we are not on the same page. About two hours after this conversation we end up going to her house and we end up having sex. We continue talking on the phone occasionally. Then our mutual friend tries to commit suicide, she calls me up to ask how I am doing. Then a couple months later I have some more personal problems dumped on my plate and get extremely depressed and tried to call her up. She doesn't answer. I tried messaging her a few times to ask her about it, but she never picks up and I am not sure what to do at this point

Edited by dud3r

I can't be certain, but the timing suggests that she was already knowing she needed to end the relationship because you were more invested. She hadn't been firm about it yet, but obviously that was coming. Then the friend committed suicide, and this rocked her hard. She had to deal with it. And meanwhile, this alone being overwhelming, she decided to just avoid the further stress of having to tell you it's over by simply not responding.

I'm sure she's fine but just didn't have it in her to deal with the trauma of trying to tell you she's got to leave again. Men do this all the time, I'm told -- just walk away and don't want to hash it over. Apparently, she's done the same thing. Stop trying to contact her and move on. I'm awfully sorry about the loss of your friend. Go out with friends or make a point to do something fun by yourself every week and don't just sit around thinking about this until you make a rut in your brain and get stuck there. Doing things will gradually refocus your brain away from this. Good luck.