Friend Gives You WRONG Address?

treehugger101

treehugger101

Have you ever had a best friend or a friend give you the wrong address of their house? I asked one of my friends who calls my their Best Friend, and she gives me her address, I put it into Google Maps and NOTHING pops up.

I remember her old address and current address that I remembered and looked it up and asked her if that was her address, she says no, but I snap a photo off Google and she right away says "Where did you get that photo?".

I remember where she lived and it was near a park/school and she lived in a certain style of a home, and she said that so I think I guessed her old location and she just BSed me with this NEW address.

Why do you think she did such a thing? Have you ever had this happen to you?

• Like 1

If you're very close, maybe she's just a bit paranoid or something about people knowing where she lives.

I'm fairly good friends with one guy but until he absolutely needed to (he was on an extended vacation and forgot to turn off the water), he wouldn't let me know his address. Even then he was careless and typed the wrong address over FB!

• Author
treehugger101

Well it turns out this friend of mine, DID give me the wrong address on purpose, she says she was playing a joke on me, and thought I would take a simple little joke, and how she was kidding etc.

To me, having a friend or family member play a nasty joke like that is just cruel and mean. If you really didn't want me to show up at your place, you would have told me "Don't stop by" or something else.

Sounds like more going on that a mistaken or obfuscated address.

In my case, best friend and I have keys to each other's different homes and, unless the homes get up and walk away, never an issue finding them and they're pretty spread to the wind. About the only directions involved are ingress so the RV is facing the right way to back into the pad. Otherwise, things are pretty transparent. However, we're older and all own residential real property. I could see how more mobile people who have transient addresses could have issues with such matters.