Is regular contact a waste?

justanickname

justanickname

Hello everyone,

This is just a wonder, after a short discussion between my brother and I. Do you think it is a waste to keep in touch regularly with someone you meet once and might never meet again (big chance)? And do you think it is possible if there is a close but also a long distance friendship? Well, many people do penpals, I know, but I do mean "close" or even your best guy/gal?

Thanks for your opinions.

StalwartMind

Depends on each individual. Long distance friendships/relationships can work, but in many cases they don't, as most of us feel the need for physical contact. No one can really define what is a waste or not but ourselves, as one thing may lead to another, which may lead yet to another. As such life is a mystery, we all need to take chances, just don't be afraid if things don't work out as you had hoped for. Humans have all sorts of different needs and when you are young, they typically change over time as well. Decide on something and stick with it, either way it'll be an experience that will add up over time and define the person you are/will become.

• Author
justanickname

Thanks for your idea, StalwartMind.

Let me explain more clearly about the reason of the question.

Since my brother has many of international friends (he at least met once in person), he considers it is wasting time if he contacts them often (I am talking about conversation, not things like a "like" on facebook), while I think it is necessary sometimes, especially to those I feel I have somewhat sympathy. We had a discussion on it, and after all, my brother still keeps his view, and I keep mine. So yeah, basically I am curious how about the others. :)