stuck between two friends who dislike each other. Trying not to cause any drama

PuppetLife

So A,B and I used to be good friends, but A and B have always had some issues with each other. Well, they ended up moving to the same school while i stayed. I am still very close with A and we talk all the time. Whereas B has really drifted apart from us. Although they go to the same school, they really dislike each other a lot. There are times when they bitch about each other to me. So i guess i can say that their relationship are quite bad.

Well, what happened was that B ask me to hang out which i'm slightly not sure of because we are kinda like acquaintance now. But of course i'm not going to reject it. But the thing is that i'm worried that A will be like "so B hangout with you but not me?" because although she doesn't like B anymore, they used to be friends, and she wouldn't want to be left out. And, well i hate drama, so i decided to tell A that B talked to me. The exact word i said was " Oh i talked to B, i was so awkward". The reason i did that was so that if i do end up hanging out with B, A wouldn't be in too much shock thinking that we are hanging out although we don't talk. So if i tell her that we talked, she might understand and accept it more. But if i really do think about it, there are no reason for me to explain to anyone about why i hang out with someone. So i guess i just don't want to upset A? i'm not too sure.

Anyway, now that i think of it, i'm scared that A will go up to B and ask why she still talks to me but not to A herself. And then B will confront me asking why i tell A that we talk and all that stupid stuff.

Am i overthinking and what should i do to fix to up?

And also, if B and I do end up hanging out and A is not invited, should i tell A before B tells her or should i just leave it and maybe B won't even say anything?

You are over thinking it. If either says anything explain that you are friends with both & will not get in the middle of their drama. Also cut them off when they try to complain to you about the other one.

If one tries to force you chose, pick the other one on principle

• Like 2
You are over thinking it. If either says anything explain that you are friends with both & will not get in the middle of their drama. Also cut them off when they try to complain to you about the other one.

If one tries to force you chose, pick the other one on principle

Completely disagree with this advice.

There is no enough info to answer your question. For me it would always depend on why they do not like each other. If one slept with another one's partner, dump that one. If one was telling secrets to other people, dump her. Etc. Things are not black and white when it comes to this. You sticking with people that have no morals means you are sticking it to the person that hasn't done anything wrong. Don't wait to feels things on your own skin but judge a character from the way they are to other people as well.

whichwayisup
There are times when they bitch about each other to me.

You tell them both to stop doing that as it puts you in an awkward situation.

And, don't talk to A about B, don't talk to B about A. They don't like one another, they're not friends anymore so really it shouldn't be either of their concerns that you are friendly with them both.