What does it mean when a friend acts different around his friends

Like he acts like he does not know you if you are around him

and when we are bye ourselves he talks to me and treats me like a friend

btw we are both males

I don't think he is a good friend if he ignores you when he is among other people. He seems like a selfish person to me who is getting advantage of you. So I will suggest you to get rid of him.

He's probably outgrowing you. Don't let it feel like it's anything wrong with you. Now, I'm assuming you are both fairly young. People move on from a lot of old friends up through their 20s but especially around early 20s. He's changing. It happened to me with my oldest friend that I knew from when I was a baby. Around middle school and high school age, she took up with a real snooty social crowd and I didn't fit in. So if we were alone, we'd do the usual things, but if her new friend was around, I felt like the odd person out. So I didn't keep trying to go over there after that. People just go in different directions.

He's probably outgrowing you. Don't let it feel like it's anything wrong with you. Now, I'm assuming you are both fairly young. People move on from a lot of old friends up through their 20s but especially around early 20s. He's changing. It happened to me with my oldest friend that I knew from when I was a baby. Around middle school and high school age, she took up with a real snooty social crowd and I didn't fit in. So if we were alone, we'd do the usual things, but if her new friend was around, I felt like the odd person out. So I didn't keep trying to go over there after that. People just go in different directions.

Preraph hit the nail on the head. A person who ignores you in the presence of their social peers is either embarrassed for others to know they socialize with you on any level, or their social network is influencing their decisions. In your case, the latter is most likely. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. It's time to create a network of friends who enjoy your company. Your current buddy is moving on, you should too.