Missing my old bff!

I've really been missing my old best friend. She was my friend for 16 years, from the ages of 3-19 we were inseparable. Well the last two years we really started drifting apart, so ages 3-17.

Anyone whose read my other posts knows 1. My husband passed last year 2. I slept with my best friend and am now pregnant with twins and 3. In my pregnant overly emotional and grieving state I quit my job so i'm unemployed!

Anyways we stopped being friends because she isnt the same person anymore. But I really miss who she used to be, or who I thought she was. She's never really been a good friend, it just took me growing up to realize it. She's a backstabbing whore. And insanely annoying once she started doing an insane amount of drugs. I was always a good friend to her. She slept with 3 of my boyfriends. She's always talked crap about everybody but it took me awhile to realize that if shes talking about her other friends shes also talking to them about me. Shes never been able to keep secrets. Shes just always has been a really bad friend.

I have 4 really good girl friends that I can tell anything to. I trust them with everything. They've proven time and time again how theyd do anything for me and i'd do the same for them. Thats why I dont understand why I miss my crappy friend. I re added her on facebook and she accepted today. I almost messaged her to catch up over lunch but I decided to write this instead. I shouldnt message her right? I just have so much going on in my life right now I just really want to talk to her. But then she'd tell everyone..

lilmiscassie92

I can understand where you're coming from. I had a really "good friend" I met back in high school. We were inseparable, spent hours on the phone chatting/texting, would hang out with our group every weekend, etc. We finally cut contact our sophomore years of high school, so about 5/6 years of knowing one another? That was over two years ago, and I haven't really found or made any new "best friends" who I have the same type of relationship with. I get lonely and sometimes reflect or miss that type of friendship that I had with her; however, I know we cut ties for the same reasons. She became untrustworthy, would gossip too much, and she started hanging around my exes and even started dating my first boyfriend.

Now that I'm almost 23 years old, live with a serious boyfriend, and have my life prioritized, I wouldn't want someone like her around. I wouldn't trust it. I think you should stay clear away from this woman you speak of as well. Maybe you are a bit hormonal and stressed out and that's a part of why you are feeling nostalgic, perhaps? However, with two babies on the way, I would block this woman and not let her back into your life. Would you really trust or want her around your children?

• Like 1