Angry at my BFF

frenchgirl

Hey guys, I haven't been here in a long while. Hope everyone is doing okay.

I'll try to keep it short. I've been best friends with this other girl for like 5 years.

For the last few months, she has been staying with her dad in Spain so we mostly text but not all that often because I'm not a text type of girl. We'll chat a few times a month and usually keep it funny and short.

Lately I've been dealing with personal issues and I've been trying to speak with my friend on Skype. It's not the kind of thing I wanted to text her about.

For over a month, I've been unable to connect with her. She always responds nicely but can never Skype with me even for a few minutes. Sometimes her Internet is down, sometimes she's busy and other times she just doesn't answer.

Last week I was so fed up that I got a little upset. She was hugely apologetic. And then she did it again. Twice. So I lost it and told her it was ridiculous that she wouldn't come to the phone just for a few minutes.

Am I being unreasonable here? I feel so upset that I can't eat.

She's not there when you need her. I hope she's not the only friend you have to confide in. I'm a bit frustrated myself right now because I really could use a sit-down ladies' lunch with one of my best friends, and she's got every excuse in the book. I know she's busy, but we live so near each other that I just can't fathom she can't find an hour and a half. Then she called because I'd emailed her and told me how an old friend of hers was in town so she went to that friend's dad's wake with her or something. So apparently she has some free time, or maybe she drug the kids with her, don't know. Anyway, we're all busy but if a friend needs to talk to me, unless I am on a rush job with a deadline, I make time. It's not like my friend has that many other friends pulling on her. It's just her family usually. She even told me I was her only real friend she felt she had left. But it's the ones who won't make time for her that she will drop everything and see if they beckon. I love her to death and we're old old friends, but living this close to each other, I just don't see how it's that hard to find the time.

• Author
She's not there when you need her. I hope she's not the only friend you have to confide in. I'm a bit frustrated myself right now because I really could use a sit-down ladies' lunch with one of my best friends, and she's got every excuse in the book. I know she's busy, but we live so near each other that I just can't fathom she can't find an hour and a half. Then she called because I'd emailed her and told me how an old friend of hers was in town so she went to that friend's dad's wake with her or something. So apparently she has some free time, or maybe she drug the kids with her, don't know. Anyway, we're all busy but if a friend needs to talk to me, unless I am on a rush job with a deadline, I make time. It's not like my friend has that many other friends pulling on her. It's just her family usually. She even told me I was her only real friend she felt she had left. But it's the ones who won't make time for her that she will drop everything and see if they beckon. I love her to death and we're old old friends, but living this close to each other, I just don't see how it's that hard to find the time.

Your post gave me strength so thank you.

When a friend calls me, whether it's a really good friend or just an acquaintance, I call back. I don't understand what's so difficult in doing so.

I have lots of friends but I grew closer to my BFF because I was her only friend. That's kind of ironic isn't it.