friend is mad at me for no reason

scubasteve

So my friend who is a girl text me, saying she was having a bad day. I asked her what was wrong. She told me her ex, who is a friend said he was pissing her off. That he was suppose to go to the work Christmas party with her tonight, and suppose to be at his house by 5 she texted him and he said oh im going out of town. He won't tell her why he is going out of town, she didnt care why, but she only cared cause she made plans with her. She said he might be going to see his family.

i told her its another girl, if a guy can't even tell you why hes going out of town for some reason, even if its a family he will tell you. No guy will keep this a secret unless its another girl. she tells me she doesn't care if its another girl, they aren't together. she tells me i know for a fact its not another girl, and i made her day even worse. so why is she throwing me under a boat when i just told her my opinion on a guys perspective.

That IS weird. Perhaps she was just wanting to vent without hearing any feedback. Or maybe she just didn't want to hear the truth. I'd lean more on it being her just wanting to vent though. It sucks when someone flakes out on you on that short of a notice. Plus she sounds like the type who doesn't want to show up at her company Christmas party alone. She'll be back to normal after this blows over and she cools down a bit.

• Author
That IS weird. Perhaps she was just wanting to vent without hearing any feedback. Or maybe she just didn't want to hear the truth. I'd lean more on it being her just wanting to vent though. It sucks when someone flakes out on you on that short of a notice. Plus she sounds like the type who doesn't want to show up at her company Christmas party alone. She'll be back to normal after this blows over and she cools down a bit.

then she shouldn't really have to vent it out on a friend you know.

then she shouldn't really have to vent it out on a friend you know.

Sometimes people just wanna vent and not be given advice. Sounds like she is still has some feelings for her ex. She got stood up and was upset/pissed about that and you telling her it was because he is with a girl bothered her.

She probably didn't want to even think that would be a possibility so you pointing that out to her is why she's angry.

Just give her some space, and next time when you talk to her just let her know you didn't mean to upset her.

• Author
Sometimes people just wanna vent and not be given advice. Sounds like she is still has some feelings for her ex. She got stood up and was upset/pissed about that and you telling her it was because he is with a girl bothered her.

She probably didn't want to even think that would be a possibility so you pointing that out to her is why she's angry.

Just give her some space, and next time when you talk to her just let her know you didn't mean to upset her.

I never meant for it he was with a girl. I just said it has to be a girl. Idk msybe I'm over thinking. But she always telling me she's not ready for a relationship, yet she told him she can't date him.

Ok so I've had people get mad at me for no reason plenty, or been mad yet way in the wrong, but I don't think that's the case here.

She's mad at you because you suggested it was to be with another girl. That's probably what she is hoping it isn't, and suggesting that's the reason isn't helping things at all. You also just based this on your "gut" in a situation where I would have done something else, like offering to go instead of him, or just saying "that sucks" and sympathizing with her.

I think she's just mad he messed her whole day up by cancelling at the last minutes. Not many people say they really don't care if he's with another girl if it's not true. She's just in a crap mood. Leave her alone for a few days and then call as if nothing ever happened. This was between her and him. Don't even ask about it when you talk next.