Am i over thinking?

PuppetLife

So one of my friend, I'll call her Rose for now, is leaving the country soon and decided to invite some “close friends” to a small gathering before she leaves, at least that's what she told me. And as one of her close friend, I'm also close with her other close friends.

And the problem that is concerning me is that, Rose told me that one girl( I'll call her Amanda for now) won't be able to go because she's too busy. I kind of want to ask Amanda why can't she go just so that Amanda knows that I care (we haven't hang out for a while).

But i don't know why, I have a feeling and I'm worried that maybe Rose didn't actually ask Amanda. So if my worry is true, and i end up asking Amanda why can't she make it to the gathering, then Amanda will know that she's not invited, and that would be horrible.

And again, if my worry is true and i end up going to the gathering WITHOUT asking Amanda, Amanda might think that we didn't invite her, and as a good friend of hers, i didn't even tell her about it..

What should i do?

Not your call to make! Unless you don't go since Amanda wasn't invited. Really up to you not to get involved who's going since it's not your party. If your so concern about Amanda feeling then you don't go!

What should you do? Easy, ask her why she can't go. If Rose really didn't ask her, then she should know what a rotten thing Rose did. If Rose did ask her then no problem. It's a simple question. If it's true, then you could choose not to go or do something separate with Amanda. If Rose really did do this, then at least Amanda would know that it was Rose and not the rest of the group. Who wants or needs a friend who would do that to her friend (if it's true)? Chances are, there's something to the feeling you're having. It sounds like you and Amanda are close enough friends for you to ask.

So one of my friend, I'll call her Rose for now, is leaving the country soon and decided to invite some “close friends” to a small gathering before she leaves, at least that's what she told me. And as one of her close friend, I'm also close with her other close friends.

And the problem that is concerning me is that, Rose told me that one girl( I'll call her Amanda for now) won't be able to go because she's too busy. I kind of want to ask Amanda why can't she go just so that Amanda knows that I care (we haven't hang out for a while).

But i don't know why, I have a feeling and I'm worried that maybe Rose didn't actually ask Amanda. So if my worry is true, and i end up asking Amanda why can't she make it to the gathering, then Amanda will know that she's not invited, and that would be horrible.

And again, if my worry is true and i end up going to the gathering WITHOUT asking Amanda, Amanda might think that we didn't invite her, and as a good friend of hers, i didn't even tell her about it..

What should i do?

It isn't your problem. Maybe Rose doesn't like Amanda, maybe they had a falling out.. You're putting a lot of pressure on yourself and you're not the one hosting the gathering.

Go to the party and leave it at that.