LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Getting in touch again with a friend

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whichwayisup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:08 PM   #1

Getting in touch again with a friend

This is the original thread:

I miss my best friends and I'm not sure how to get them back

First I called the boyfriend as I had known him the longest and he didn't answer. Few hours later I called her as she is the one who wanted the "space/break" in the first place.

It shocked me that she answered and because she did, I didn't have a game plan on what to say (even told her that). As soon as she picked up she said she had been thinking about me, crying, and missed me. She wanted to text me on thanksgiving, or the day after to ask how mine went, but didn't. That she would eventually have reached out she just doesn't know when. But she also said she enjoyed the space because we werent fighting or anything.

We then caught up with things going on in our lives and I brought up hanging out soon and she said she wanted to take it slow because honestly it may be weird and because she still a little mad about things I said (because I tried to talk to her 1 week into the "break" and when she didn't respond I said she was a liar or something. She said because I said that it delayed her reaching out (that it wouldn't have been this long and she didn't want to talk to me ever again but here she is now).

After we hung up I sent her this text and I'm not quite sure what to make of her response:

imgur: the simple image sharer

So I guess my question is, what do you guys make of all this? What should I do now, as I don't want to mess things up? Do I text her and try to talk normal (still blocked on all social media) or what? We talked about trying to hangout over winter break (finals next week).

Also there is an issue with the boyfriend who apparently still doesn't want to talk to me. She said she would ask him a lot "do you think about Grey Hawk?" and he would say, "ya but then I remember the things he said to me" So he is still upset, though I'm not sure what to do because I honestly never said anything bad to the guy. I'm not sure if this is gonna cause problems or what as idk if I can have 1 of them back and not the other.
Grey Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 1:33 PM   #2
Established Member

You reached out and she responded in a better way than you expected. She forgave you but it's gonna take some time for you two to rebuild trust again.

If 2 weeks go by and you don't hear from her again, call her and ask to meet for coffee or go for lunch, just the two of you though. Hopefully she'll say yes. if she doesn't and says she's busy, then you back off and allow her to make the next move.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 2:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwayisup View Post
You reached out and she responded in a better way than you expected. She forgave you but it's gonna take some time for you two to rebuild trust again.

If 2 weeks go by and you don't hear from her again, call her and ask to meet for coffee or go for lunch, just the two of you though. Hopefully she'll say yes. if she doesn't and says she's busy, then you back off and allow her to make the next move.
should I respond to the text I posted?
Old 2nd December 2014, 3:40 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Hawk View Post
should I respond to the text I posted?
Nah, if it were only an hour or two past that text, maybe...but even still I wouldn't. I think it would make it look like you were trying to pry and that wouldn't be good.
xUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 9:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwayisup View Post

So don't contact her at all again?