Guy friend is ignoring me kind of

wasistlos

I don't know what to make of this guy. I worked with him for two years, and it's like one day he stopped talking to me. Or I would have to be the one to always go up to him to start conversation. Otherwise, he'd walk right by me, not make eye contact, not say hello.

And to be clear I'm not interested in a relationship with him. We're both in our own long term relationships.

What's confusing is that every time I did go up to him to talk to him (which was not often because I'm rather introverted and shy/don't like to bother people), he would get a big grin on his face and talk at me for a minute.

Now, I don't know if he was just being nice, and if that's the case, it makes me feel kind of stupid to be pandered to.

I don't know if gossip got to him. I don't know what I did...

Literally just today he like...turned around and walked the other way. And yesterday he didn't say a word to me. I'm just like....wtf...

The thing is before, every now and then, (even when he was still semi-cold towards me) he would kind of say some things that caught me off guard. Like that I'm the best (like if I helped him with something he'd be super affectionate about it). Or how he misses my laugh...? (we recently changed departments so I don't work with him really anymore)

So, I don't know. He doesn't do this to anyone else I know. He always says hi. Unless it's someone he doesn't like, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm one of those people. Maybe he's too nice to say something like, "leave me alone," so he does it passively.

Anyway, I appreciate any insight.

I don't know if gossip got to him.

What kind of gossip? There has to be something for you to even think gossip. Did you talk about him to someone else?

Why not just go up to him and ask him why he's ignoring you and that you have NO idea why he's acting rude towards you. You got nothing to lose.

• Author

No, I've never said anything about him. I liked him as a person quite a lot, actually. Even now after all this I still say only good things about him to other people.

I mean where we used to work was pretty toxic, so I'd get frustrated from time to time. But never at him or anyone. And it's not like...I'd be yelling or having a nuclear meltdown. I'm a rather quiet person.

There was also a girl who was a bit manipulative that I didn't get along with. He was friends with her, so maybe that's why.

Speak to him about this, it's the only way things are going to be solved.

Sure it's possible that the manipulative girl has said something to him about you so he'll be put off. Ask him nicely what is happening and why he's being rude and ignoring you, that you've not done anything wrong and don't deserve this kind of treatment from him.

• Like 2

To me, it sounds like he's just being fake nice to you and trying to avoid but when you approach, he is fake nice, big fake smile, platitudes, etc.

• Like 1