Jealous or just rude?

CoolBurn

I recently got into a new relationship, the guy is amazing and everything is going really well. My group of friends consists of 4 other girls and although 3 of them have been really happy, one of them is being a bitch about it. She will always refer to my relationship with the guy and how I'm being 'pathetic' and makes fun of his job, style and everything else.

In the beginning, I brushed it off as her just teasing me about it but now it's becoming annoying and she's manipulating the rest of the group to join in on her taunting. She says it as if I do everything with him and I've forgotten about my friends, but they don't really DO anything that I can tag along to as part of the group.

Did I mention that I'm the one that has been very close to this girl during her difficult times, always supporting her and giving advice without ever judging her decisions? It's getting on my nerves and I really don't understand why she would do this. Is she jealous? But, why would she be? She's beautiful and TONS of guys like her, so what's wrong with me finding the perfect guy for me? Why does she have to be such an ass about it?

sdrawkcaB ssA

Instead of guessing... next time she does it ask flat out... Are you jealous or is there something wrong that I'm not seeing?

• Like 2

You said you have helped her with lots of stuff, so you know that she does have issues. Being beautiful does not = confident, supportive and happy. She does sound jealous of your good situation. Next time she says something snippy, say, "I can't deal with you putting my boyfriend/relationship down, it sounds so petty." Say that with a smile but with a tone that means business. That kind of girl will not like being asked if she's jealous, don't. Shut her down, smile and change the subject.

• Like 1

It does sound like she's jealous. To know for sure, you have to talk to her. However, when you start the conversation you can't just ask are you jealous? If course she'll say no. Instead you have to ask what's going on with her & tell her that her comments are upsetting you. Make it about how you feel rather than what she is doing if you want to get to the truth.

• Like 1
  • Author

I'd like to thank all of you who took the time to read my thread. I will try and resolve the issues with my friend. I would especially like to thank you for being considerate about her feelings as well as mine.