My friend did not invite me to her party

I have been good friends with this girl for two years. I have always been able to depend on her for anything. She started this group of friends whom I became friends with. It goes without saying that she invited me to all the parties and get-togethers. She even played a big role in planning my birthday party. However, I found out through a mutual friend that she was having a party, which she did not tell me about or invite me for. Our mutual friend sent me the Facebook invitation then, and I saw that my friend had invited everyone in our clique except me.

I am really confused. I do not know why she did not invite me or whether or not I should take it personally. My other two friends (who do not know her) says that I should ask my friend why she did not tell me about the party, but I do not think that is a good idea.

I just feel bad since I have been let down by other friends in the past and now feel like I cannot depend on or trust anyone.

Please give me feedback on how I should take it and what I should do.

Maybe she hasn't invited everyone yet. If she doesn't invite you, you should tell her you heard she was having a party and ask her if she was planning on inviting you or not.

I think you should definitely ask your friend what's up. You don't have to do it in an accusing tone...just mention you saw on fb she was having a party and wondered why you missed the invite...she will either claim she forgot or avoid the topic..either way you'll get your answer! Don't suffer in silence, it could be an innocent mistake and she may not even realize you didn't get an invite!

I just feel bad since I have been let down by other friends in the past and now feel like I cannot depend on or trust anyone.

Try not to let your past unsuccessful friendships influence your current ones. You're jumping to the worst possible conclusion before you've even made an attempt at finding out what's going on.

Bring it up with your friend. Say, "This is a little awkward to bring up, but someone told me that you're having a party, and I haven't gotten an invite. It's fine if I'm not invited, but I just wanted to make sure that everything is okay with us?" See what she says. If she says that she intentionally didn't invite you for whatever reason, accept it with grace and class. Then you can reevaluate the friendship and go from there.

• Like 2