Now things are awkard between us

Mizz Layta

I refused to give a co worker a ride home few days ago and today when she saw me she didn't say hi to me.I tried asking what floor she was on that night but she didn't seem interested to talk to me. Usually when sees me ,she lights up and say ``hi``.There was definitely some tension between us .The reason why I refused to give her a lift home is she started expecting me to drive her every time we worked the same shift. She doesn't live too much out of my way so I feel like a horrible person :`(

I would help someone if they are stuck or if it's emergency but I hate doing it regulary.I don't want to be responsible for someone else transportion.I also find it relaxing being alone in my car .

Will things ever be the same between us at work

Who cares if she every warms back up or not. She was just using you for her own benefit with no regard for your own. Of course you don't want to be someone's taxi. If you're anything like me, you're going to want to stop at the store on the way home or go shopping, stop at the salo for a haircut and manicure, or go out to eat. In fact, if you were still having the problem, I'd advise you to, without prior warning, just make her go along with you and let her sit while you got your hair done before heading home and see if she kept wanting to ride with you.

• Like 1
I refused to give a co worker a ride home few days ago and today when she saw me she didn't say hi to me.I tried asking what floor she was on that night but she didn't seem interested to talk to me. Usually when sees me ,she lights up and say ``hi``.There was definitely some tension between us .The reason why I refused to give her a lift home is she started expecting me to drive her every time we worked the same shift. She doesn't live too much out of my way so I feel like a horrible person :`(

I would help someone if they are stuck or if it's emergency but I hate doing it regulary.I don't want to be responsible for someone else transportion.I also find it relaxing being alone in my car .

Will things ever be the same between us at work

No, things won't be the same anymore.

You have every right not to drive her to work because you feel put out and feel it's an expectation. She has every right to be mad or upset about it and chose not to talk to you. In her mind she probably doesn't see it as a big deal as to why you can't drive her since you two live so close from one another and are on the same shift.

Don't try to be nice and friendly to her, allow her space. If she wants to hang out with you and talk, she will. Right now she doesn't.

• Like 1

It's possible things might warm up again down the line sometime, but that's the price you often pay for being honest with people. =/

• Like 1