Feels like a friend is writing me out of her life

hellogoodbye321

hellogoodbye321

Without too much detail, I met her a few months ago and ended up helping her a ton in a pretty short time including a bad breakup, depression, and even had to intervene in a near suicide attempt so some pretty major stuff because she really didn't have anyone else to turn to at the time. She was real hermit at the time and I basically forced her to get out more and expand her social circles. She has really improved her life since then and now I feel like she just doesn't want me in her life? It has gone from her texting me near every morning to me having to initiate everything and conversations abruptly ending on her side.

Even though we haven't known each other for that long, we've been through more than most friendships go through I think and I really developed an affection for her in a little sister sense so it kinda hurts. I dunno, anyone have similar experience and what did you do? I think the best is to just sorta quit talking to her cold turkey since it sorta seems the route she is going.

There is a saying about friends being there for reasons and seasons.

Just because you have helped her and she is going quiet doesn't mean that she no longer wants you as her friend.

It might be that she is embarrassed that she has "taken" so much form you and now she is better she is trying to move on a bit so she has something she can give back? She may feel that she has abused your friendship by it being so one sided and wants to give you a break from it all for a while so she doesn't wear you out.

If it were me I would back off. Check in with her every now and then but let her find her feet.

• Like 3

I have never considered anybody I have only known for 6 months a good friend but I am going through what you are with a woman I have known for 25 years.

Your friend sounds like a user. You pulled her out of her funk & now she doesn't need you any more.

I'd let her go.