Stay Friends or go separate ways?

Hi!

I was best friend with this lady for about 3 years. We were very close and connected.

About 2 months ago she caught me out in a lie. We were meant to meet up at a particular place but I was not there in time as I lied to her where I was and she caught me out. We have been arguing a lot this then over relatively minor things and it would seen this has stemmed through my lying to her and hurting her.

She told he she does not trust me and that us being best friends is over. She said she would prefer us to have a hi/bye kind of friendship. With txting and calling every now and again. I send I did not want a shallow relationship with her apologised many times for my deceit and send I want to try and mend our friendship. She said she does not want to.

I have deleted her number and changed my e-mail address but still have my current number and have tried going on NC. She has called me maybe once a week for the past three weeks.

I am not sure what to do. I do not know what it would be like having our friendship downgraded and it feels different talking to her. Also part of me is thinking that maybe we should go our separate ways as she seems she can not forgive me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this any thoughts would be great.

Why not give her what she wants? It was your lie that led to her distrust. By showing that you can & do respect her, in time your friendship (& her trust) may recover. Walking away solves nothing & indicates that you don't value her or your friendship.

• Author

Hmm! That is a very interesting point. Have not thought it like that.

You have definitely given me something to ponder.

Thanks!