Abnormal jealousy and insecure.

I feel really jealous at my friends when they talk or hang out without me. I understand there's no need to feel that way, because i talk and hang out with them separately and it's normal for them to hangout without me. But i feel very jealous and upset, i don't even know why. It's like I'm scared that they aren't including me, or are talking behind my back. I understand i don't have to feel that way but i can't stop this feeling. Please help me. Is there a way to stop thinking like that?

Is that issue consistent across groups of friends or with a select group or select few?

Tip: You have no control over what other people say and do. You do have complete control over what you say and do. You can choose how to handle your feelings, like the ones here.

IMO, if this is a global issue, then look inward at how you process your emotions. If select, perhaps those friends are simply incompatible and your feelings are the canary.

emeryentropy
I feel really jealous at my friends when they talk or hang out without me. I understand there's no need to feel that way, because i talk and hang out with them separately and it's normal for them to hangout without me. But i feel very jealous and upset, i don't even know why. It's like I'm scared that they aren't including me, or are talking behind my back. I understand i don't have to feel that way but i can't stop this feeling. Please help me. Is there a way to stop thinking like that?

Are you truly happy with yourself and the way you perceive yourself?

You have to widen your mind. Your friends are all good. The problem is you I guess. Your problems are for the teenage kids, not for you. Grow up and think big, nothing more to say, try to put a smile in your beautiful face.

Hi there,

I would definitely say that if you want to remove these feelings of insecurity regarding your friends, you have to become happy with yourself. There are actually a lot of articles online devoted to helping people improve their self esteem. They often include exercises that people can do. I'll list some links below:

Steps to improve self-esteem | ReachOut.com Australia

6 Tips to Improve Your Self-Esteem | World of Psychology

3 Ways to Develop Self Esteem - wikiHow

Self esteem | Better Health Channel

If these articles aren't quite suitable, I would suggest looking for books or seeing a counsellor of some sort. Your GP should be able to refer you to someone, or if you attend school or university, they should have their own counselling services. You don't have to have mental illness to require counselling, you just need to want to improve your mental/emotional health.

It may also help for you to discover for yourself why exactly you might feel insecure. Perhaps a friend has lost your trust before, or perhaps the friends you have can be insulting and disrespectful? Then you can fix the source of the problem by finding friends that better suit your personality or if health/weight issues or grades are the problem, then you can seek advice about that.

Good luck! :-)