When a Friend Fibs or Tells White Lies

What do you do when a friend fibs? (It has been a pattern that I have generally overlooked in a long term [20 yr] friendship). Sometimes it it an insignificant thing, sometimes history has shown a couple significant fibs. But I'm past that, since I said nothing then, it is not fair to say it now. Just now facing a brand new little fib. I dont like dishonesty, personally. This new one is a dumb fib. What's your take? Yas

Edited by Yasuandio

Usually i consider is it harmful

To themselves or others?is it something fabricated to create an alibi? Is it something exaggerated? Those are a few questions i ask to myself before listening any further to the person. Then i clarify what they said and proceed to uncover the false statement. Usually the person backtracks but by then i gently tell them , the friendship is more important then falsehoods. It shows that i value both the person and honesty. What do you deem a white lie?

Its always a good idea to confront habits that hinder whether its 2 days or 20 years, this obviously isn't a free pass for them to continue.nip it properly.

Edited by Tayla