Feeling left out with my friends but it's my own problem?

yue.ayase

I have realized that I'm not open to my friends at all. And I believe this is one of the reason why my friends never wanted to be best friend with me. And because I have noticed this problem, I'm trying to avoid it as this had caused conflicts in the past. One of my friend ask me to go to the cinema with her friends and family this Friday night. Deep in my heart, I'm not really interested to go and my parents don't really want me to go out at night. But I'm telling myself that this is a chance to become closer with my friend, and she might think that I don't put any effort into the friendship if I don't go because I rarely hang out with her. But I know that I truly care about our friendship. What should I do to make our friendship stronger and what should I say to reject the hang out but still make her think that I really do care about the friendship?

• Like 1

My advice to you is to not seclude yourself to the point that people never ask you to do things. As we get older , isolation becomes problematic for many and can result in severe depression . It's not healthy to stay at home and isolate oneself so please reconsider your decision and if you are that strong about not going then politely tell her that you cannot make the outing but you definitely want to spend some time very soon and hang out with her and that you enjoy her friendship.

Don't make a habit of avoiding spending time and bonding with your friends though .

You have to make time to see friends in person and do things with them or they will just give up on you. I don't get why you earlier were saying you only had one friend but now you're trying to avoid this other friend. You can't be good friends only through internet, if that's what you're doing.