Friend Distant or Just me

FrostBlaze

We used to talk all the time, well mostly her, confide to me her secrets, problems, or just talk daily about anything and laugh/have fun.

She would call me, we also played a online game toghether, so when she saw me come online she would instantly private message me to chat up, you know, initiating convo all the time.

Now she is quite distant, we talk every now and then and still get along but it's not the same vibe. She no longer or rarely initiates, i have to. Doesn't talk like before or keeps it short.

At some point i think she might of liked me more then just a friend, maybe it's that.

Or my ever guilt consuming thought, that it's my fault, since i am a introvert and don't talk much, she just stopped trying to talk to me as much...so i'm thinking it's my fault.

As such i have a bit of friendship jealousy, when i see myself cast aside while she still talks to others as she used to with me, hmm....ik social people will always be more liked.

1 What could cause a friend to get distant ?

2 Could me being such a introverted guy that doesn't talk often, cause this distance? :< probs

1- you'd have to ask her

(did anything specific happen? how old are you?)

2- possibly, as it's tiring for one person to make all the effort, if you're not

Kingston100

While I do recommend you talk to her about it, especially if it is bothering you... understand that sometimes friendships move in waves. One of my best friends (we are talking 25+ years) and I go through phases were we just aren't as close as usual. Sometimes we talk every day for months, and then a while will go by where we just don't seem to connect very often.

Lots of things can factor into her being a little more distant that may have absolutely nothing to do with you. Maybe she is really busy at work, maybe she just started seeing a new guy and her head is a little wrapped up in that... maybe she is just feeling like she wants to spend some quality time alone right now.

I suggest you call her up (yes... on the phone, not text messaging or email) and invite her to lunch or coffee or something else that you two have done together before. If she makes up some kind of excuse, then maybe ask her if she is upset with you in some way. If she says no, let it go.