Doesn't "just showing up" mean something?

AnneT1985

Hi y'all!

I was wondering what your thoughts are on this- I do hope my question makes sense.

In terms of friendship- doesn't showing up mean something? What I mean by that is I will hear so many people in my life complain about their bridesmaid who drove 4 hours to be at their wedding had to leave early because she was sick or complain that their friend seemed down at their baby shower or left early for their birthday party because they had to work. Meanwhile that same friend brought a gift, drove there, and wished them well.

Maybe I just have low expectations of friends but I personally think "just showing up" means a lot and says a lot. Everything else is a bonus. People took the time to show up to something that is important to you. What do y'all think though?

Thanks so much! xx

• Like 1

I completely agree with you. If a friend took the extra time and effort just to see you for a short while and to make you happy, you should appreciate it :)

Better than "friends" who never showed up, never wished you a "happy birthday," and never asked how your party went.

• Like 2