Help! Don't wanna ruin friendship!!!

skinut2234

We are a 30-something couple with 3 kids (7,6,4)- we "travel" with another 40 something couple with children as well ( older children 10-11). Up until now, we've had no issues.

On our last trip together (we have our own hotel rooms and such- we just hook up during day for sightseeing)... we are getting very annoyed with our friends.

Here is the issue:

Our friends now take it upon themselves to "disipline" our children while we are there. I have no issue with them doing that when we are not around, but if my wife and I are there- we should be the ones doing it even though we disipline them differently (they are very strict and we are a little less strict but our kids behave fine.) It is driving me nuts. It makes us feel like we are not doing it to their "standard"- My wife and I are very consistant and disipline them all in the same manner- They will just take it upon themselves to say stuff to the kids right in front of us!!! Nothing mean or anything, just like they were their own children.

How do we tactfully get the message across, or is it something we even want to do???

how to handle??

simplybrill

I dont have kids, but here's what I would do:

Just aside, not in front of the kids (here's where you would be the bigger person, unlike these rude parents) say something to the tune of: while we thank you for the effort when we're away, I would aprreciate it if you dont discipline my kids while im around - thats my job as their mom/dad.