Friends or more?

How do you guys deal with friends of the opposite sex who make you think you may have another chance...no you don't...yes you do, don't...and now they are engaged but don't believe they will get married?

One would be best to assume there's no chance, and move on.

• Author

Move on and look for a new love or abandon the friendship completely? She was my first girlfriend in1st grade, BTW

I don't mean to be harsh, but so what? If you allow yourself to be so sentimental about it, that will just be one more reason for you to hang on. What you really need to do is let go. We all had a first love. It was special pretty much for that reason alone.

You really do need to assume there's no chance and move on. No matter what kind of signals you get from her. You're reading so much into everything all the time, wondering what every little thing she does means. That's too detailed, you need to look at what the big things she does mean. She lives with another man she's engaged to. What more do you need to know about it?

Your problem is not that you can't see the forest because you're so focused on the trees. You can't even see the trees because you're so focused on the grass in front of the trees.

• Author

They are not living together...not planning on getting married until 2007

sportsloving
Originally posted by jerryinva

They are not living together...not planning on getting married until 2007

It doesn't really matter when they get married; he proposed... she accepted... she is not available for you.

I know you really want this one back, but you really need to ask yourself... what is that is keeping you from letting her go? She doesn't treat you even as a friend would. How long are you going to keep your life in limbo waiting for her? You are worth more than you are getting ... now if only you would see it.