Falling for a friends ex.

Basically, I was friends with this guy before him and my other friend started going out. To cut a long story short, ,me and the guy stopped speaking when him and my friend broke up. We didn't stop speaking cause they broke up, it was for other reasons. However, there relationship ended on a pretty bad note. After a few months they started to be civil with each other, which is how I got speaking to him again. Me and the guy were close before we fell out, so as I started speaking to him more and more, I started to develop feelings for him. I never wanted this to happen its such a bad situation. I never had feelings for him when him and my friend were together either. The guy and my friend aren't on speaking terms anymore either, which makes this a whole lot worse. It's just been getting me really down cause its a situation I can never win in. If my friend knew I had feelings for her ex, or if anything happened with him, she would fall out with me for life. But the more I speak to him, the more I like him, I literally can't stop speaking to him, it feels weird when I don't. I'm pretty sure he like me aswell, just by the way he acts with me. Would be really appreciated if someone could give me some advice as to what I should do