Losing my bestfriend w/ feelings.

We are both juniors in college and like each other very well until the last two weeks. She would get really jealous and protective of the girls I hung around. But i only hung out with those other girls because they were more recreational like me, they did sports and were more outgoing. She knows this. I have learned that she is very anti-social, and never likes getting on the topic of feelings when they are too deep. It makes her uncomfortable. She only shows emotions through actions, but those actions are here and there. I know she likes me but I always wondered how much? It has bothered me so much because I usually get consistent affection from other girls, yet she has another way of showing it. My best friend told me she has a good amount of feelings for me, so am I just demanding too much?

We fought over this issue in the last two weeks here and there. Today I talked to her and she told me she thought of happy times with me. However she knows I do not understand her ways, and its causing troubles.

She wants to get rid of these things and fix them before anything else so how should I approach this? Do I care less and expect less from her?(I don't even ask for much, just consistency)

Please help! thanks.:(