Wondering how the Friend is

Since December 2012 my old best friend and I have become friends again and were really close until recently where she stopped talking to me. Before her and I would talk everyday or hang out every week etc.

But lately thats all died down, no she doesn't work, she does have a boyfriend but all she does is bum around at home or hang with her boyfriend on and off etc.

She doesn't call me anymore or if I do send her a message on Facebook it takes her forever to reply to it OR she only talks to me when she is bored or needs or wants something.

Or she contacts me and says she will call me back and never does. Or if we do talk on the phone her phone gets cut off every few minutes, she says its due to her cell phone company but really?

sounds like she has put all of her focus on her BF... We've all been there at some point in life. Your best bet is to stop talking to her, let her know what she is missing out on, and take her back as your friend when things with this guy eventually fall through the cracks or she feels like a friendless loser. Trust me, my friends had to do that for me the first time I was like your BFF.... and guess what? my relationship ended and I came groveling back, and they accepted me with open arms as long as I promissed not to do it again. Now, I do not let relationships get in the way of friendships, but also, I do not let friendships get in the way of relationships... I seperate the two, and give ample time to everyone.

whichwayisup

She isn't interested so it seems, to continue and keep in touch that often, though it's on her terms only. . And that isn't a real friendship.

It must hurt but my suggestion is, just stop making any effort to contact her.

Sometimes it's just best to do nothing and go on with your life.

Her loss, not yours.

• Like 1
  • Author

It turns out she has been busy running around applying to places or getting ice cream and can't call me due to her area's service being so shot she can't make calls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well me and this friend of mine, spoke on the phone Thursday May 2nd and were suppose to hang out Friday May 3rd but it didn't happen due to her needing to be with her step dad while he was admitted to surgery for his knee etc. BUT she had told me in the message sent to me on May 3rd that we would hang out that Monday May 6th.

So Sunday May 5th arrives and her and I talk on Skype and I casually ask her whats she doing tomorrow May 6th to see IF she remembers her and I were suppose to hang out.

She tells me she's hanging with her boyfriend going with him to the doctor in the morning spending the day with him, NOT MENTIONING OUR HANG OUT AT ALL.

So I guess I see how much of a friend she is.... I can't believe she's doing this to me it sucks, her and I would talk EVERYDAY or EVERY OTHER DAY even hang out that much after our friendship came back but not anymore.

Many people neglect friends when they are on a relationship. The relationship just becomes the first priority.

On an optimistical way of seeing it, she might just have forgotten in the midst of all. On the other way, it could be she just wants to stay with the boyfriend. Sadly, sometimes the consideration about the mutual relationship (this friendship); You might have high consideration for her (as best friend) but she might see you as a hangout friend for those free times.

Wait a bit, keep trying (without too much emphasis though) and see what happens. I can imagine what can happen when her relationship ends...

• Author

Yeah I can see that, I did send her a message and she didn't bother replying back to it. :)

Oh yeah trust me I know she will come running back to me once her relationship does end. Then she will say I was right etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I've talked to this friend twice only seeing her face to face once. She claims we're going to hang out soon but it hasn't happened yet. She only talks to me when she's bored or needs a favor from me. I hate this.

Before her and I would talk every day or hang out every day if not every other day now she says Oh I'm busy.