Is My Friend Going For The Man I Love Or Vice-versa?

I've been friends with this girl for about 3 years. She is very, very, pretty! She looks like a model. She is off and on-again in a relationship with one of my guy friends. They have been going out for 4 years. Anyway, her and I was at this wedding reception and the guy I truly love was there. Him and I had a discussion and he said he still had feelings for me. There are circumstances why him and I can't be together right now. Anyway, they were standing behind me and I heard her say "Wow, you really cleaned yourself up." She laughed. Then she told him that he looked nice and he told her the same thing and hugged her. I really didn't think much of that. A hug is a hug, you know? Then afterwards I saw him staring at her constantly and then staring at me. She came up to a guy (that's family) and says "I really need my feet massage." And the guy I love said "Oh, thought that was my job." Then she said "When you want to do it." And he said "when you want me too?" And he winked at her. I was standing behind her. She didn't know I was there. He saw me. There were a lot more comments made and I even heard someone confront him about looking at her and who was she etc? Later on that night...I had a talk with her. I was honest and she told me if he ever asked her out or flirted with her in any way she would let me know because she knows that him and I should be together. Her boyfriend couldn't make it to the wedding. Do you think it was him messing with my mind or a little bit of both of them? I guess my jealousy has got the best of me. ??

No, your friend enjoyed the attention, and gave it back. Do you trust her to leave it at what happened?

• Author

When her and I talked that night she told me she would never do such a thing. She said that she has had friends that did that to her. She said she didn't take it as flirting. She said that's the first time she actually had talk to him (they have been around eachother a few times before since we all know the same people). Do I trust her? I really can't say. I guess it's hard for me to trust anyone since it's happened to me before. She told me he was paying attention to me and not her. She said he was constantly staring at me. She kept reassuring me that she would never do anything and told me if he ever asked her out or even flirted with her--she would let me know. I'm glad I was honest about my feelings that night with her but I still am freaked out because it would tear me into if they got together. If he got together with someone I didn't know, it wouldn't hurt so bad. Maybe it's my insecurity?

• Author

Forgot to tell you this too...she also told me if I did take it as flirting which she didn't...maybe he was trying to get a reaction out of me??