A fight b/w two of my close friends... need help

daddyslilqt3

daddyslilqt3

Ok... long story..... but please i really need help.... some background info... my two friends megan and cathy have been friends since megan moved here in 9th grade. We are all in 10th. They are like best friends. I came into the picture this year. I first became friends w/ Megan and then cathy later on. Cathy now has a boyfriend, megan doesn't.

Ok out of nowhere cathy started dating this boy. They met in a class and then in a few weeks they started dating and making this whole thing serious. I mean since we are 16 how can it be that serious but anyway.... This came as a shock to me and megan and was kind of fast and not like her... We told her our concerns but said that we would support w/ w/e she did... One day megan was supposed to meet steven for the first time after school so megan and cathy waited for him, then they met and started to talk... somehow cathy and steven got lost or sidetracked and megan felt out of the loop or like the third wheel... cathy and steven started as megan said "making out" in front of her.... she was upset and couldn't believe that cathy would do that... at that time megan was just getting over this whole big thing w/ a guy (Rich) so it made her feel worse but subconsciously she probablly wanted to be making out w/ Rich but couldn't due to problems.... Anyway Megan got mad.. they fought and then made up and cathy swore never to do it again...

Somehow they just keep fighting... always issues... Megan has also been hearing from people rumors about cathy and steven.. people who know that megan and cathy r really good friends have been going up to her asking what is going on... when megan asks "what do u mean?" they r either like "o b/c i saw them making out like crazy" or "oo i saw her all over him" or "they were layin like on top of eachother"... omg this is craziness!!! Cathy denies everything and says that these people are lieing.... they then fight again....

The worst is that they come to me and tell me what is going on and then i am like "ya i know" and then they bug me about what the other one said... i am basically in the middle although sometimes i want to help b/c at this rate and w/ how many stupid countless fights they are having they are going to completely lose eachother... i feel so bad and don't know what i can do... i don't know if they should just take a break from each other and reflect on their friendship or if they should just keep going at it or what they should do...

Cathy says that megan is pushing her away and that she thinks that she might need a break b/c Megan is stressing her out... I would hate to see them lose their friendship...

Also at this rate i would think that steven hates megan b/c he feels like megan is messing everything up and kinda ruining their relationship.. i know i would if i were him... could he be putting his two sense in and that might be why cathy is pulling back? What to do what to do....Help!!! THey are even fighting as of now!!!!

average guy

Well, as far as I can follow your story :) in regards to making or keeping any firneds - it is impossible. It is not your job in life, nor do I beleive it is possible, for anyone to "make" someone else feel love or friendship - you just have to let it go and see what develops. In regards to being "stuck in the middle" you need to be VERY firm about not repeating what anyone has said to you. Don't waiver. Simply say "ask her yourself" or "I'm not getting stuck in the middle of this" or something else that makes it absolutely clear that you will not be the go-between. In the end, if they are real friends, they will respect you for this.

Good luck :)

• Author
daddyslilqt3

Thx..... that day they actually wound up staying after school and talking... now they are fine.... but this always happens fight then make up and then fight and then make up... ahhh .. lol... anyway.... I don't think that her boyfriend is that bad to me he seems nice... megan doesn't like him though..... She might be a little jealous or maybe she is upset that now cathy has another life that she c/ or maybe doesn't want to be part of. I just think that they all need to become friends... hopefully one day they will be :)

Thx average guy for posting your thoughts.

I will keep every1 posted w/ this 1 and my old story w/ me and my friend nicole... things have been gettin better... yay!! lol....

Amanda