Revenge... Serving Suggestions???

DaeJhaDeyonnia

DaeJhaDeyonnia

We have been friends for almost 12+ years... Best friends actually. I was there for her throughout everything. When she was first put into foster care when we were 5, when her grandmother (also her legal guardian) died, when her grandfather put her out, when she was being put up for adoption by her grandfather, when her grandfather died and when he current guardian was attempting to put her out. I was always the one there until about 6 months ago when she changed.

Over the summer, she ran away from home. She was missing for about 3 weeks. I was the ONLY one looking for her and eventually found her at a relatives house. Her boyfriend knew where she was and I warned him that if he didn't tell anybody where she was, legal action would be taken. I also went on to tell him how stupid she was for running away. For some reason when she was found and returned home to her guardian, she decided to take her anger out on me and came up with the ridiculous idea that I wanted her boyfriend. Ever since then I have little contact with her and avoid her.

Last week, my mom called me screaming and crying about an "anonymous text" that was sent to her with an old picture of me (which wasn't inappropriate) saying "Look at the slut **** your daughter does". When my mom came home I read the message and the name in the sender box. It was sent from "[email protected]" (a texting app) "Kev" is her boyfriend. I was heated.

The next day, I obviously wanted to fight her but opted out of that because it was pointless. However, I did want answers and a motive to her actions. Her reply was "I don't like you"... She continued on with immature and illogical reasons as to why she doesn't like me. (my hair is long, I have a car, my relationship with my boyfriend, etc) <- In her exact words !

Although I feel good about myself for walking away from a situation, I can't help but feel like she "won" in a way. I have a clean school record. No suspensions. No detentions. Nothing. I need to get back at her somehow. I'm literally losing sleep over this.

*Sorry for the length.... Just had to give some background to the setting. Lol

** Yes, this situation is very immature and I hate to have to even be involved in this. So please don't tell me how childish this is.... I'm very aware.

Revenge will get you no where. It will only hurt you more. That clean record will help later in life.

By attacking her and going to her level, that makes you the real loser. I know it is hard. But don't bother with someone like her. A temporary in your life. Rude people will always be there; bad friends too.

Prove you are not immature. Attacking her makes you what you have called her: immature

• Like 3
stillbyMyself

People will come and go throughout your life. This friendship needs to go now. If she isn't helping you be a better person and is bringing you down, just let her be. Revenge would just make things worse. You sound like a wise person for your age. Good luck.

• Like 1

Don't do it. She's obviously going through something. That doesn't make it okay for her to act that way, but getting revenge on her will escalate things and make you feel like crap further down the road. Let it go.

• Like 1

Vent it out. Scream and punch the pillow. Think of revenge but NEVER EVER act upon it. You are better than that. You are kind, thoughtful and have a loving heart. Making a plan and doing a payback or act of revenge will lower you into someone you're not, and I think you'll deeply regret it. You are compassionate and wouldn't knowingly hurt someone, so there's no way you're going hurt her or get even on purpose.

Live well and just know that your life will go on happily and you'll be able to sleep at night, wake up and look at yourself in the mirror.

Hope this makes you stop and think before you do something you won't be able to take back.

Really there is nothing to revenge for: just one stupid girl and a stupid text message. If its not true what she says, everybody knows it isn't and it doesn't influence your life (i.e. get grounded by your mum or problems at school) than just forget it and her altogether. Depends on you - for how long. Maybe forever, maybe till next time. Well, I would say the next time is coming. As she was going from one guardian to another she never had anybody who loved her and cared for her, she just doesn't know how and doesn't understand what and why are you doing.