My friends wont invite me to hang out..

TheJinSwish25

TheJinSwish25

So if anyone is gonna read this or not ill just vent it out.. So at school i would say im a pretty popular kid yknow friends with alot of ppl, on the football, baseball team etc. but its after school tht bothers me.. My friends at school will always be like "ill hit u up later" or "lets hang sometime over break" so on and so forth.. And they never do.. And ive gotten pretty lonely..like tonight there was a party with all my "friends" and i wasnt invited.. And its gotten me pretty mad.. When football season was goin on, it was soo much better but idont understand why my "friends" would stop txting me being like.."lets chill today" even my bestfriend who i havent hung out with in 3 months doesnt txt or call me anymore and we get along like we always have in school... Idont understand.. Am i losing them? Am i the one whos causing this? Am i being lazy cuz i dont txt them? cuz i do try tht occasionally.. I just feel left out and alone.. And i hate going to school after a party everyone has been to and theyd be like to me "did u go" i hate tht.. So if anyone can help id rlly appreciate it..

How old are you? How long have you known these friends? How often do you hang out with them outside of school?

There are a lot of casual friends or acquaintances who give people (in general) the infamous "Yeah I'll hit you up" line but never do. Sometimes they say it to be polite and have no real intention to. Other times they mean it in the moment but just don't end up doing it for various reasons. i.e. maybe they don't see that you're someone they want to let in in their "inner circle" etc.

I would start initiating more, as with some people you just have to get the ball rolling yourself. There is a risk in coming across as needy though, so don't initiate too often. Try it once and see how it goes.

People are busy, but I can tell you... if they like you enough to hang out with, busy people make time to see people whose company they enjoy. If someone gives you the "Let's hang out sometime" line but never does, that means they just have bigger priorities than hanging out with you

sorry... I know it can be rough. I remember how high school/college was.

NewPerspective93

How about you ask them to do stuff with you, and do this for a while, and see their responses. Maybe they don't ask you to hang out because you might not showcase interest, which is why they might not inform you about anything that happens.

If they blow you off after you've asked them a couple of times, I would just let it go.

Let me know how it goes, and have a good one.

There's a big world out there outside of your school. Try and experience it a bit. Getting a part time job is a great way to expand your social circle.