female told guy friend to back off subject of other girls. now he won't talk to me!

SoVeryConfused

SoVeryConfused

I am a female and my best friend is male. We met through an internet site for singles and got to know each other before he decided he just wanted to be friends. I am accepting of that because he is a great guy and I would rather have him in my life as a friend than not have him in it at all, though I still like him. He knows that I like him and doesn't seem to have a problem with that because of our understanding. The thing is, he kept telling me about other girls and how he thinks they are hot and how I should talk to them for him. I told him over and over that I couldn't help him in that even if I wanted to, because that just doesn't work with girls, he would have to take the initiative himself. But he kept doing it and I finally got tired of it because it did hurt a little (even though I know that we are just friends and he is going to date other girls). I told him that I would appreciate it if he backed off that subject with me because it hurt. But now he won't talk to me. I think he has blocked my email address, so any communication I try to send is not going through. Should I call him to try to see why he has stopped talking with me? Should I go to his place? Should I just wait until I see him around to try to find out why he seems to be mad at me? Do you think he will ever talk to me again?

tattoomytoe

maybe he was trying to get you jealous by talking about other girls. anyhow- give him a call, if you have to leave a message do so, and tell him you are quite confused by his actions, and hurt.

SoVeryConfused

Nah, he's not the type of guy to try to make someone jealous. And he is also the one that decided he just wanted to be friends. He knows I like him as more than a friend. Another I don't see is how he could ask me to do something like that for him when he knows how I feel.

Sounds like he is not-so-subtly showing you that he wants you as a friend. Just a friend. Perhaps he stopped contacting you so he wouldn't hurt you anymore.

SoVeryConfused

I have known he has only wanted to be friends for a long time now....we had that talk and he told me that straight-up. I haven't pushed for anything beyond friendship either and I don't harbor any hopes of this ever becoming anything more, which I have also told him. But it still kind of hurt when he asked me to talk to another girl for him when he knows that I still like him and he knows that I can't help liking him, just like he can't help not liking me. It was just totally cruel, insensitive, and unnecessary when he knows that I understand that we will only ever be friends.